IELTS 'Parents and schooling is also essential to teach children'

vivianwei 1 / 1  
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Other, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.

In the present age education is an issue that personalities of various circles most concern. There is a considerable controversy about who should take responsibility to cultivate children's adaptability to society. Some holds the viewpoint that is parents' job. Other whereas, trend to disagree, in their opinion school should take over this. For my perspective, parental education should be highly cooperated with formal education.

On the one hand, parents play a significant part in teaching their children interpersonal skills. Whether they want or not they are their own children's first teachers, as a result, parents play an irreplaceable role in their daily life and have an important influence on the form of children's personalities. Moreover, parents can give their children more specific suggestions, for they are the ones who know their children most. Additionally, parents can tell their own experience of deal with complicate social situation to children.

On the other hand, the efforts from the school are important as well. The school itself is a mini-society. Children start dealing with argument and fights and observing other's behaviors here. Besides teachers, as the well trained in the area of education, may have some professional strategies to some extent. For instance educational psychology will help with children learn and develop in an easier way, and special focusing on gifted children and those subject to specific disabilities.

Base on the above analysis, I shall repeat my opinion. I am agree that parents have responsibility to teach children how to be good member of society. Meanwhile schooling is also essential to teach children how to get along in a society. Any single or separate effort will not yield much.

Thanks a lot guys.
Some holds the viewpoint that is parents' jobresponsibility .
basawang 10 / 76  
basawang

One more correction!

whereas others trendtend to disagree

Good luck
OP vivianwei 1 / 1  
thanks a lot Wang.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 'Parents and schooling is also essential to teach children'