Parents should take responsibility for educating their children how to be good citizens

tojitorido 1 / -  

parents should teach children how to be good members of society

It is considered by some people that parents should take responsibility for educating their children ways to be good citizens; while others believe that school is the best place to learn social values. In my opinion, both parents and teachers have an important part in raising good children.

On the one hand, it is undeniable that father and mother are the primary mentors of children. From birth to preschool, children are usually under sole cusdoty of their parents. A lot of recent studies have shown that a child learns family values unconsciously by observing his or her parents' actions. If parents behave well, children will behave well and the opposite is also true. In addition, when children are taught a concept of good by their parents, they are unlikely to go astray when growing up. Therefore, parents should be obligated to develop their children's behaviors.

On the other hand, school is where children spend more of their time in later stages. When in school, they have to follow the rules and the regulations set by the school in order to lead a disciplined life both inside and outside the school vicinity. School brings students not only academic knowledge but also life lessons which make them well-rounded individuals. It is beneficial for them to learn how to co-operate with their peers and teachers and cope with situations, which would lead to their considerable contributions to the community in the future.

In conclusion, I think either parents or educators are responsible for improving young people's characteristics to be valuable members of society. Although their roles are different, they are complementary to each other in educating children to be the most desirable characters of the social system.
proudofpeanut 1 / 2  
both parents and teachers have play an important ...
The instruction for this essay is to discuss both public points of view, based on commonly used reasons, and then present your point of view based on the public discussion. What I see in this essay is a general discussion of both points of view, but no personal opinion on your part. It appears that you forgot to add it towards the end of the public discussion or, as a stand alone paragraph within the essay. So the presentation becomes incomplete and only partially correct in the discussion approach. The essay will only be partially scored due to the lack of clarity with regards to the points of view discussion. You gave your personal point of view at the end of the paraphrase, but failed to illustrate the differences in the actual discussion paragraphs. That is what posed the confusion within your discussion presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / Parents should take responsibility for educating their children how to be good citizens