Parents and technology influence, and it's impact on kids' stress

Wilyaftika23 46 / 37 1  
Children are facing more pressures nowadays from academic, social and commercial perspectives.
What are the causes of these pressures and what measures should be taken to reduce these pressures?

In modern era, lots of children feel that life in under pressures from several aspects, such as in education, interaction with other people and commercial perspectives. Personally, I believe that there are many causes, such as less attention from parents and they involved with technology, such as hand phone and they forget with real interaction with other people. Besides, I think that there are several solutions to reduce these pressures, such as parents have the biggest responsibility to control their children and children must manage their time to use hand phone and to communicate with other in real life.

To begin with, many working parents are less control to their children about several aspects, such as in academic and commercial. Because parents have not much time to attention their children in home. According to the latest KKKLM3 research in Queensland in 2014, 83 % children feel get the greatest pressure in school because they do not understand with the materials in the class and they have not support to review their lesson in the home from parents. As a consequence, children cannot follow what they teacher teach to them and it makes them down. Not only in academic aspect but also commercial too. As a solution, parents must control their children and give more attention for their children, so they can feel enjoy with their routine activities in their school.

On the other hand, hand phone can give the biggest effect for social interaction of people especially children. With reference ti research of Social Science in UK in 2010, 97 % of people in UK use hand phone as communicate tools with others and minimum at 16 hours per day are used by people to play their hand phone. As a result, people especially children have weakness to build communication with others in real life because they always use hand phone. It became one aspect for children at under pressure in social. As a solution, parents and children must control to use hand phone in daily activity.

To sum up, as far as I am concerned, I believe that support from parents and technology effect are the causes of children that feel under pressures in several aspects and I think that more attention from their parents and children can control using hand phone that can reduce these pressures.
MufliHamid - / 21 7  
WHEN WE STEP BACK TO THE 70'S ERA, CHILDREN AT THAT TIME WERE MORE LIKELY TO BLEND WITH OTHER PEERS BY PLAYING AT THE PARK OR OTHER PUBLIC FACILITIES, IT IS DIFFERENT FROM THE NOWADAYS' KIDS WHO ARE HAVING A TREMENDOUS INTENTION TO CUT THEIR SOCIAL LIFE BY USING TECHNOLOGICAL DEVICE. IT SEEMS ACCEPTABLE TO UTILIZE SOPHISTICATED TOOLS SINCE IT CAN HELP THEM IN ACADEMIC SECTOR. YET, IN TERMS OF SOCIAL, THEY ARE SUFFERED FROM IT. THIS IS AGREED REASONABLY BY SARLITO SARWONO (A PROFESSOR AND PSYCHOLOGIST IN THE UNIVERSITY OF INDONESIA) WHO CONCLUDED IN HIS 2012 RESEARCH FINDING THAT SOCIAL PRESSURE IS COMING TO THE CHILDREN WHO ARE HOLDING CELLPHONE EXCESSIVELY, SINCE IT WILL BE HARD FOR THEM TO BUILD EYE-TO-EYE COMMUNICATION WITH THEIR FRIENDS IN THE REAL LIFE CONDITION. BY HAVING SO, THE ONLY WAY TO PREVENT THIS WORRYING PROBLEM IS BY AVOIDING THE YOUTHS TO RELY ON THEIR GADGET, AND FORGETTING ABOUT THEIR REAL LIFE.

Home / Writing Feedback / Parents and technology influence, and it's impact on kids' stress