IELTS WRITING PART 2: the importance of homework for children

andrepr1 2 / 3  
Some people believe that school children should not be given homework by their teachers, whereas others argue that homework plays an important role in the education of children.

Discuss both of these views and give your own opinion.

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

It is widely believed that pupils need to be given homework as part of the educational process. Others disagree, arguing that assignments should only be given during school hours, allowing students time for other activities and leisure. In this essay, I will examine both points of view and explain why I feel that a teaching program must take into account an individual's capacity and capability.

Those who emphasize the importance of homework argue that if students devote more time to schoolwork, their productivity will increase. The more extra time they spend focusing on studying, the more likely they are to achieve good grades. This possibility drives further educational processes which might strengthen their set of knowledge and escalate students' learning productivity. If teachers only gave tasks during the class, the effect of study would be less preserved and would not be long-lasting.

For others, the appropriate portion of schoolwork is imperative to the learning process. Children who have a lot of homework may have a negative impact on their lives. A pupil, for example, who spends so many hours on homework will have no leisure time and will sleep less. This negative impact can also have an adverse effect on students' mental health because they will be overwhelmed and get stressed easily. It would be preferable if they allocated time for other activities, such as sports and community service.

In conclusion, even though homework is important for children's education, I would strongly argue that it has a detrimental impact on students' health and daily lives. As a matter of fact, teachers should think about how effective learning programs can help children achieve a better school-life balance.
Your prompt restatement is inaccurate as it does not use the same reasoning factors provided in the original. Note the changes that you made in the presentation:

OT: Some people believe that school children should not be given homework by their teachers
YT: Others disagree, arguing that assignments should only be given during school hours, allowing students time for other activities and leisure.

You have totally altered the counterpoint argument from the presentation. Therefore, the prompt restatement will receive a failing score based on prompt deviation. There is no recovering from that mistake. It will cause the paragraph to receive a failing score. Most specially since your own writer's opinion is not aligned with the topics provided for opinion consideration. This is already a failing essay right from the start so there is no need to further review the other grammar and discussion errors that you made throughout the essay.
rishabhk4896 5 / 9  
I found these mistakes
1. The grammar is not accurate always like It would be preferable if they allocated time for to other activities and If teachers only gave give tasks during the class, etc. So the structures are not always correct

2. You have repeated one idea two times such as writing main idea line two times by paraphrasing....if students devote more time to schoolwork, their productivity will increase. The more extra time they spend focusing on studying, the more likely they are to achieve good grades.
OP andrepr1 2 / 3  
Hi @Holt

Thanks for the frank feedback. I noticed that my restatement is inaccurate and can cause a failure.
I am sure will do some improvements in my next essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING PART 2: the importance of homework for children