WRITING PART 1- NUMBER OF BOOKS READ BY MEN AND WOMEN

nana121 1 / 2  
Hi everyone, I am new to ielts writing, it is really hard skill for me to study by myself. Please help me!!! Thank you in advance.

The graph below shows the number of books read by men and women at Burnaby Public Library from 2011 to 2014.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

Here is writing:

The diagram illustrates how many books that male and female readers red at Burnarby Public library between 2011 and 2014. During the period from 2011 to 2013, Man red more books than women, however, the opposite was true from 2013 to 2014.

In 2011, there was more books read by men than women. Men red 5000 books, compared to 3000 books read by women. Between 2011 to 2013, the number of books read by two genders increased steadily until meeting at 10000 in 2013. In the following year, the figure for books read by female readers increased by 4000 to reach 14000. In contrast, the figure for males followed the opposite trend to fall to a low of 8000 in that year.

Thus, over period of 4 years, women started to read more books than theirs beginning and overtook men. On the other hand, the number of books read by men peaked in 2013 and then began to fall.

This isn't a diagram. It is a line chart, or a line graph. A diagram illustrates a series of procedures. A line graph indicates the increase and decrease of a given measurement. The summary overview needs one more sentence. You could have indicated the crossover point of the male and female readers in that section. Based on the measurement provided, abut 9000 men and women read books 2013. Do not forget to include the points from the graph where measurements touch. That is a comparison point required in the essay. That is a main point that is important in the presentation. You should have also indicated that the measurement was based on the thousands of books read.

You seem to have confused yourself as to how to spell one word in particular. Red is a color. Read mrans to peruse written or printed matter. See the difference? Familiarize yourself with words that sound the same but have different meanings. This is known as a Homophone. You should learn the difference because these errors will lower your LR score.
OP nana121 1 / 2  
@Holt Thank you so much, I am gona write one more sentence for the summary overview. I already mentioned about the mesurement touch in the sentence " Between 2011 to 2013, the number of books read by two genders increased steadily until meeting at 10000 in 2013" in pharagraph 2, do you think that ís enough or i need to write more?

Home / Writing Feedback / WRITING PART 1- NUMBER OF BOOKS READ BY MEN AND WOMEN