In some parts of the world it is becoming popular to research the history of one's own family

Tri An 1 / -  

tracing your family tree

Recent years have seen people tend to pay attention to finding out the root of their families. During this essay, I would discuss some main reasons why people can spare no expense to do this as well as propose some negative impacts of this trend.

On the one hand, there are many reasons why people are particularly interested in the history of their families. First and foremost, people have been started to question their own roots because of the booming of science and technology. Indeed, it is quite easy for people to trace back their pedigrees thanks to science and technology to gain a better understanding of their ancestors. Second, people have a birthright to know who they are and where they come from. For example, children are separated from their families when they were young because of wars or adoptions. Thus, these children who lost their families really want to know about their roots when they grow up.

On the one hand, some negative impacts can link to this trend. Firstly, it is time-consuming for those who want to know their roots. In other words, the pedigrees of a family can root from thousand years ago, with being passed down by history records or by word of mouth. Hence, these history records can vanish into thin air due to many reasons, both subjective and objective, and people can be tough to know exactly the pedigrees of their families. Secondly, investigating the history of families is also responsible for wasting money. Specifically, if people want to know exactly their roots, they must take full advantage of cutting-edge technology, such as an ADN test, that needs an exorbitant price to carry out.

In conclusion, there are many reasons for people who want to know their roots, and some negative effects can be associated with this trend.
There is an unnecessary discussion point in your restatement. The part about the main reasons why people would spare no expense in tracing their family tree is a prompt deviation and adds a discussion point that alters the overall original theme. The only discussion point to be presented here are 2 reasons based on your positive or negative support for this topic. Therefore, your essay will only be scored on the aspects that discuss the negative impact since that is the actual discussion point.

Sadly, the presentation of a prompt deviation topic will mean that your essay will go down in word count. From the current 305 words, a whole paragraph presentation will be removed. The reasoning paragraph that discusses why the people would want to look into their family tree. There will only 187 words left from the original 250 requirement. You are under the word count, you do not have a properly formatted response essay, and there are several other errors in your writing presentation. The end result? A failed task presentation test.

Stick to the discussion topic, do not add your own discussion points. If you do not understand the practice prompt, ask questions. You need to make sure that your English comprehension skills are good enough to help you understand the test questions once you take the test. Right now, it is obvious you have a problem with that. So work on that first.

Home / Writing Feedback / In some parts of the world it is becoming popular to research the history of one's own family