Past or Future. Why not to move just forward?

ngannkh 2 / 1  
Learning about the past has no value for those of us living in the present. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Lessons about past - an useless knowledge?

It is said that: " The past brings us many worthless lessons". It effects to our living in the present. Persionally, I disagree with the above statement for serveral reasons I am going to mention below.

-Firstly, I strongly support that " The past is the effortion for the present". Whatever you did in the past makes the result in the present or future. For example, my first exam at school, the mark was, although bad, I didn't give up and tried my best to have good mark for the next one. Thanks to failure in the past, you can get more success in the present.

-Secondly, I have heard that " If you are asleep in success, you won't find it be valuable to effort for the future.". As you know, the people, especcially, Vietnamese people usually enjoy their achievement then not continute to work. Due to that, they get more failures for the present. I find it really true that the more success you get, the less effortion you have. However, it doesn'n mean that the success we have in the past is break down our effortion in the present. You must ensure for not slepping in success. Moreover, learning about failure helps you gain more experience. To sum up, all we have now is one part of the past.

In conclusion, learning about the past has value for those of us living in the present. And if you take the past into effortion, you will get more success for your living in the present.

Help me to make it better.
flykitten 5 / 9 4  
Hello @ngannkh

I will just correct some grammar mistakes,
has value... = has a value / has values
your living in... = your life

My suggestion is to avoid using words like "As you know.."
since not everyone knows about your opinion

Home / Writing Feedback / Past or Future. Why not to move just forward?