Task 2 - In the past, knowledge was stored on books. Now, knowledge is stored on the internet.

acynguyen0909 3 / 7 1  

internet instead of books

In the past, knowledge was stored on books. Now, knowledge is stored on the internet. Do you think its advantages outweight disadvantages?

Nowadays, lore is kept in the internet instead books as before. In my opinion, this statement bring more benefits than drawbacks.

First of all, maintaining the lore on the World Wide Web would be better to store for new generations in the future. It is undeniable that the internet has the huge storage capacity that can save the knowledge in a long time while the books are damaged over the time and the writing on them may be faded. For examples, documents from the past dynasties have been damaged and omitted a lot. In contrast, the innovation of modern technology makes web sites grow up but it will be hard to lose. Large and long-term storage capacity of the Net is a great help for mankind.

In addition, people have extremely diverse sources of knowledge and cost savings thanks to the storage of knowledge on the Web. In particular, the cost of a book may be more expensive than internet access in a month but the content of the books usually only includes characters and images. Moreover, knowledge sources on the internet include videos and records with a full range of life areas such as economy, culture, politics and society, so on. With regard to exclusive books, today's readers can buy directly by creating a separate account on the publisher's website. This makes storage and usage significantly improved because people do not need to bring many bulky books to school or work, just bring their laptops and smartphones.

To sum up, the advent of computer network helps to store large amounts of knowledge effectively without relying on traditional paper books. This not only makes it easier for people to access knowledge, but also saves the cost of buying paper books.

P/s: Hope to hear your opinion about my essay! Many thanks my friends.
nguyenvuong 3 / 4 2  
Hello,

I would comment on some points

- this statement practice brings/ has more ...
- ... and usage significantly improved (not sure what it means here) because ...What they need are just laptops and smartphones.

- This does not only makes it ..

Hope this helps!

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 2 - In the past, knowledge was stored on books. Now, knowledge is stored on the internet.