In the past, people wore their traditional clothes and followed their culture.

ducman9 1 / -  
In the past, people wore their traditional clothes and followed their culture. These days, most people wear similar clothes and therefore look very similar to one another.

Do you think this is a positive or a negative development?

It is common in modern society that people have tendency to choose similar outfits for their daily activities, rendering the disapperance of traditional clothes. Notwithstanding some positive aspects regarding to personal images, personally, I am more convinced that the drawbacks are by far serious and should not be overlooked.

On the one hand, it is undeniable that traditional outfits are often bulky and not comfortable outfits. For example, Ao Dai, which is a famous traditional clothes of Vietnam has a complicated designs, making them bulky and not suitable for activities, resulting in only being wore on special occasions. Another reason why people usually opt for modern clothes as their daily outfits is because they enhance people's confidence in social situations. In other words, more often than not people associate following the newest fashion trends with a sign of modernity, making people obsessed with appearing trendy in the eyes of others.

On the other hand, traditional outfits are more than types of clothing but representations of culture and identity, making them indispensible items. Wearing these outfits helps people to be in touch with their ancestral culture and symbolizes unity. As a result, let go of them will be like discarding their own culture. Moreover, if people wear similar outfits and become undifferentiated from others, they become confued about their identity and not have a deep connection with their roots. These implications could leave negative impacts on the preserve of national culture values.

In conclusion, although modern outfits bring convenience and confidence for people, the absence of traditional clothes leads to the loss of culture and identity. Therefore, I am an opinion that negative impacts of this trend outweight its positive ones.
Never justify the side that you do not support. Not unless there is away that the opposing aspect / non-supported stance will be discussed as a negative to prove the writer's point. This is a written debate. The reasoning consideration should work on the premise that a commonly accepted positive is actually a negative and, a negative is just that, a negative.

The current presentation does not offer a clear defense of the writer's opinion. That has a negative TA effect. The . presented is not fully supported in the reasoning paragraphs. A clear indication that the writer himself is not convinced he has a winnable argument presented. A well developed essay can support the writer's opinion based on 2 strong and convincing reasons. This essay only partially implements that expected discussion.
Chau Anh Hoang 1 / 2  
Never support the side that you disagree with. The writer should not be using "on the other hand" at the beginning of the paragraph in two paragraphs

The presentation does not offer a clear defense of the writer's opinion and it is not supported by reasoning paragraphs. It is not convincing enough for readers because of poor indication.

The writer should do brainstorming before writing and come up with 2 strong and convincing reasons and examples.
gintoki7 5 / 9  
drawbacks are far more serious

bulky and not comfortable outfits
a complicated designs, ... resulting in it being worn only on
... clothes when choosing their daily
In other words, most people judge others basing on their clothes, which makes them obsessed with appearing trendy in frony of others.

Home / Writing Feedback / In the past, people wore their traditional clothes and followed their culture.