TASK 1 For the past year you have been a member of a local club. Now you want to end your membership

acsstudent 1 / -  
For the past year you have been a member of a local club. Now you want to end your membership. Write a letter to the club secretary.

In your letter: state what type of membership you have and how you have paid for this give details of how you have benefited from the club

explain why you want to leave

cancel membership in a tennis club

Dear Mr.Tello,
It has been an honour to be a member of your tennis club for the last two decades. I am holding the silver membership which allowing to participate in extra activities like yoga class at night. I enrolled to the silver package because it is adapted to my necessities. My payment plan is monthly and it has direct connection to my bank account. This package gives me access to extra activities for example swimming pool class, yoga class, gymnastics. I decided to take yoga class because I think it has some positive health benefits. Now I able to control my temper and my anxiety.

I would like to express my gratitude for the value service and mention an especial consideration to the wonderful people that I met during 20 years of membership. Now, my life take different direction, I am going to live in Spain and the service of the club is not longer require, therefore please I request to drop my membership.

I hope our tennis club can continue to grow benefiting all members.
Your faithfully
Renzo
@acsstudent you have a pretty good grasp of what you want to say. The problem is in your sentence structure and vocabulary. While I can understand what it is that you want to say, a better grammar presentation will help you to increase your GRA and C&C score. It is not easy to spot your mistakes when typing these practice essays. However, there are things that you can do which can help you improve your grammar skills.

One of the things you can do is run your essay through the free online grammar checkers. That will help you spot the problem points and it can offer you information regarding the proper vocabulary and sentence structure to use. If you have Windows 10 installed in your computer, Word 2016 can help you do this because the program is designed to spot grammar problems and correct it, with suggested words and reference to the grammar rule your structure or choice of words violated. It is a very helpful learning tool for ESL learners.

Home / Writing Feedback / TASK 1 For the past year you have been a member of a local club. Now you want to end your membership