Patterns of woven baskets found in the immediate village of Palea - argument writing for Toefl

shwetanana 2 / 3  
Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made by Palean people. Recently, however,archaeologist discovered such a "Palean" baskets in Lithos, an ancient village across the Brim River from Palea.The Brom River is very deep and broad, and so the ancient Paleans coild have crossed only by boat , and no Palean boats have been found. Thus it follows that so-called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archaeologist fond Palean baskets in Lithos and they conclude that Palean baskets are not uniquely Palean. But,there may be possibility that in ancient time Palea and Lithos had business relationship. Palean baskets might sold in Lithos.

Further argument of archaeologist is that as the Brim river is deep and broad and one could cross it by boat only and they didnot found and palean boat for transportation so palean baskets is not uniquely palean. One can not deny the possibility that in past Brim river was not so broad or deep or not even exist and came into existence before sometime because of platonic movement which is occurring every second.Furthermore,even if Brim river was broad and deep there is possibility that only people of Lithos travelled for business thus archaeologist cannot found Paleian boats.

Archaeologist should provide a good argument with all the research work for proving that Palean basket is not uniquely Palean.
lcturn87 - / 435 236  
Hello, I would like to help you with your writing.

1st paragraph: You begin by summarizing what you have read. Make the first sentence into two sentences. "Archaeologists have found Palean baskets in Lithos. They conclude that Palean baskets are not uniquely Palean."

I would like to help you with the next sentence, notice the changes in bold: "There is a possibility that in ancient times merchants in Palea and Lithos had a business relationship." There were some missing words and I think you should use merchants because if you the location it is confusing. The reader needs to know who was involved in the business relationship.

The following sentence use a transition word to begin the sentence (Thus) and change might to "may have been".

2nd paragraph: This sentence needs correction: A further argument of by archaeologists is that as the Brim river is deep and broad. No one could cross it by boat only, and they did not found and the palean boat was not for transportation, so palean baskets are not uniquely Palean. You needed to separate your thoughts by forming new sentences. Also, if you use the plural form of a word such as baskets, is should be "are".

The last there are missing words: "Furthermore, even if the Brim river was broad and deep, there is possibility that only people of Lithos traveled for business; thus, archaeologists cannot find Palean boats. This sentence had fewer errors. You had two sentences so I used a semicolon after business and placed a comma after "thus".

Final paragraph: There is a slight correction: "the" should be placed before Palean. I think you need to add one or more sentences for a better conclusion. I think your explanation proves that these archaeologists need to analyze the facts more and think of other possibilities for their findings. Think about this, because it will help you write your conclusion.

Home / Writing Feedback / Patterns of woven baskets found in the immediate village of Palea - argument writing for Toefl