IELTS ; Should we not pay tax to the authorities?

ivyzqq 1 / 4 1  
Topic: some people think we should keep all the money we earn and not pay tax to the state.

In comtemporary society, what we earn is not always equal to what we finally have simply due to the tax payment.
As long as we make money, a certan proportion of our income should be spent in tax. People, who are somewhat
unsatisfied with this rule suggest that it is unnecessary while I personally disagree.

Admittely, it seems to be a little unfair considering that we cannot own all the money we earn. However, for the benefit
of an individual in the long term, paying tax is reasonable and worthwhile. Firstly, it is obvious that the government needs
money to maintain public service which is necessary for every single citizen. Expenditure on constructing public facilites
such as museum, transportation depends on tax. Moreover, a large amount of tax is invested in promoting medical insurance
system. Sooner or later, tax payers will benefit from it and appreciate the fact that it costs them so little on medical bills.

On the other hand, tax payment is beneficial to the society as a whole. As we know, tax rate varies depending on how much
a person earns. Briefly speaking, those who are more wealthy have to pay more tax to the state. Therefore, the gap between
the rich and the poor is minimized to some extent. By virtue of imposing tax,the society can be stablized as there will be relatively

less crimes commiteed by people in lower social-economic status.

To sum up, it is my belief that paying tax is the right act both for the welfare of an individual and the society. Thus, every citizen should

be commiteed in tax payment according to related law.

Is this the full prompt? Does it ask you to agree or disagree? It's better you include the entire prompt so that others have a better idea as to how they should comment.

....collecting taxes by the rulers had been there even during ancient times. It could have been in the form of money or goods. I think you should have started with a more meaningful hook because this is the first impression you are going to form about your writing to the reader.
OP ivyzqq 1 / 4 1  
thanks for your suggestion
People, who are somewhat unsatisfied with this rule suggest that it is unnecessary while I personally disagree.

This is very confusing. You have two sentences here;
Some people argue that we should not pay taxes to the government. I personally agree with them.

Admittely, it seems to be a little unfair considering that we cannot own all the money we earn.

.... ok... now you need to support this reason. Don't talk the other side of it. Keep a proper hook and alignment throughout your essay.
OP ivyzqq 1 / 4 1  
.

My own opinion is i disagree with the saying that we should not pay tax to the government.
Thus i dont want to support the reason" Admittely, it seems to be a little unfair considering that we cannot own all the money we earn"
fred123 6 / 8 2  
a large amount of tax isare invested in promoting

the society can be stablized stabilized as there will be relatively
less crimes commiteedcommitted by people in lower social-economic status.

be commiteedcommitted in

... Well .... you have expressed your opinion in a very confusing manner and I see Pahan is one such victim :D.... One can easily be mistaken to believe that you would hold the opposite opinion. Express your opinion clearly and direct;

However, I personally feel that we should pay tax to the government because such income would enable the government to improve the facilities and living standards for its people.
OP ivyzqq 1 / 4 1  
I get it and thank you for that.
ldlsky03 8 / 16 2  
public service

public services

the gap

you can use 'the disparity between..' to be more academic

Briefly speaking

I think you shouldn't use those words in academic essays
OP ivyzqq 1 / 4 1  
thank you , i agree that the disparity is better than gap.
But what can I use instead of words like generally speaking or briefly speaking in your opinion.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS ; Should we not pay tax to the authorities?