IELTS: paying taxes is enough contribution from citizens

alexwater 3 / 2  
Some people think that by paying taxes they made enough contribution to their society. TO what extent do you agree or disagree?

Paying taxes is the obligation of citizens in almost every country. Some people believe that they have made enough contribution to the country by doing that. Personally, I tend to disagree with this view.

To start with, all people who are able to work should pay tax to the government, as it is the most important source of government's revenue, which is mainly used to serve all citizens. For example, a large proportion of the tax is spent on national defence and in maintaining social stability, so that every one can work and live in a peaceful environment. The tax is also used to pay the salaries of workers working in public service sectors, such as teachers and police officers. Although these workers do not produce profit directly, what they do is for the well-being of the whole society.

However, I would argue that citizens have other important responsibilities to fulfil apart from paying tax. As we know, there are impoverished or disabled people in every society, needing help and support from others. It is true that the government can provide some fund to ease their difficulties, but such financial help is usually far from enough. In such case, aids from more capable or wealthier citizens are particularly crucial, which are a great complement to government support. Another responsibility all citizens should take is to maintain social stability together with the police force. There are criminals in every society, and the number of policemen the government can hire is limited. So it is quite necessary for the local residents to take actions and ensure the safety of the communities, by doing things like reporting suspicious activities to the police department.

In conclusion, it is a significant obligation of citizens to pay tax to the government. Other than that, they have other critical obligations to take, in order to make our society function in an ordered way.
fikri 5 / 317 71  
Another responsibility all citizens should take is to maintain social stability together with the police force.

Another responsibility, all citizens should take is to maintain social stability together with the police force

what does it mean?
Mattgang 3 / 4  
shoud needing help and support from others

need add S?

like needing helps and supports from others
niesaysi 16 / 290 85  
It seems you write well. The following are just some grammatical errors I found :

what they do is for the well-beingwelfare of the whole society.

I would argue that citizens have other important responsibilities to fulfill apart from paying tax.

Another responsibility all citizens should take for is to maintain social stability together with the police force.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  

Good intro...you follow the right approach :)
Although these workers do not produce profit directly, what they do is for thetheir contribution matters a lot for the well-being of the whole society.

I find this an impressively written essay. You follow the most appropriate approach for this task and you display good writing skills, grammar, ideas too. Had you managed time, I feel you are ready for this task :)
tiaDS 73 / 235 52  

clarity and simplicity introduction, I really like this. task response is clearly enough answered.
Paying taxes is the obligation of citizens towards their governments in almost every country.

Very good intro :)
As we know, there are impoverished or disabled people in every society, needing help and support from others who have the capacity to offer that support.

I must say, this is a very good essay. You display very good writing skills, you have followed the most appropriate structure, good vocabulary, good ideas etc.

Good Luck with IELTS!
Eva Novita Sari 47 / 71 2  
There are criminals in every society, and the number of policemen the government can behireis limited.

Hi alexwater...
in this sentence, I look 2 verb through conjunction.
If in the sentence use two verb, you should use one conjunction and three verb should use 2 conjunction.
Next, after modal is v 1

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: paying taxes is enough contribution from citizens