"pen and paper" examinations and your view.

tuanvn 1 / -  
In educational, there are a lot of methods to assess achievement. "pen and paper" examinations is the method that used all around the world. But, so many people belivie that this examinations are not the best method.

This type of assessment help teachers to ensure fairness on the exams by imposing the same conditions on all the candidates. There are a lot of different question types to test different sorts of reasoning ability like multi- choice and writing essay. On the other hand, candidates (still) get high mark while they have not enough knowledge. There are a lot of cheating ways and skill to get high mark. Further more, some test-taker perform can not achieve a satisfying result because of anxiety. In contrast, some test-wise candidates peform well on exam without underlying knowledge.

In my point of view, teachers and the test maker should focus on what is the knowledge on the test, then make the question. Exam task should be varied to give fair opportunities to candidates with different types of skill.

In conclusion, exams need to be carefully designed and supplemented with other forms of evaluation if they are to be a truly useful component of the education system.

I'm a beginer, please give me your feed back.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
What is the purpose of this essay? Are you preparing for IELTS or TOEFL? Always tell the purpose of your writing and include the prompt in your essay. Without knowing them we cannot provide you meaningful feedback.
What is the purpose of this essay? Are you preparing for IELTS or TOEFL? If so you need to improve the essay structure. This is it;

Yes, this is important :) Anyway I guess you practice for TOEFL or IELTS. If so, your essay is too short. Your essay should at least contain about 250 - 300 words for you to aim at a decent score. Follow the structure suggested by Pahan. It helps you earn a good score while managing your time efficiently. Remember, time has a major bearing on this task and therefore you need to pay lots of attention for that.

Home / Writing Feedback / "pen and paper" examinations and your view.