"Pen and Paper Exams - IELTS exam task 2

maya_diab 1 / 1  
Many people believe that formal " pen and paper" examinations are not the best method of assessing educational achievement.

what is your view of examinations?

Measuring Educational Progress - Pen and Paper Examinations

Pen and paper examination has been a very convenient method for measuring intelligence and assessing educational achievement in many places, well this cannot always be true and in this essay I will argue this opinion that is not the usual case.

People think that a simple written exam can actually help to assess the educational achievement and can be considered a good tool to measure intelligence by arguing that multi-task exams can actually show these hidden abilities and uncover the weakness points as this conventional method has approved its reliability throughout years. On the other hand, as time develops, system and technology becomes more sophisticated and most of the original ways are useless in dealing with this new era of development, experts now see that we can't count on an old-fashioned ways to test the ultimate abilities of students and to measure their actual qualification using pen and paper testing, ignoring that many of skills cannot just be shown on a simple written exam.

As the quote says "tell me and I'll forget, show me and I might remember, engage me and I'll understand". Therefore "Pen & Paper" assessment method can be considered as more boring and less productive way of development and training technique, while kids and students need to spend more time in camps and labs doing actual researches using "Trial & Error" technique in removing their fears and verify the information they studied and memorized. However, it would be hard to develop such awareness in developing countries and teachers may find it difficult to control young students in dangerous experiments or rely on them as they still kids.

In conclusion, as we grow we need to develop our way in evaluate the outputs of the process of teaching if we want to raise a generation that isn't only trained by pen and paper exams, getting them motivated to be taught and increase the level of challenge every time they pass specific stage, this is how we can raise them stronger.
Maya, as a discussion essay, I believe that this can garner you a score of about 6. That is because your overall discussion shows a clear understanding of the prompt requirements and the various discussions that surround the given topic. While the grammar is not perfect, it allows the reader to understand your message in a somewhat accurate manner. The examples provided are logical and helps to illustrate your grammar accuracy skills. However, there is a problem with your format. The opening statement is too short and the closing statement is just one long sentence. Both must be comprised of at least 3 sentences. So do not use comma's to separate your thoughts, use periods instead. So, even though you wrote 333 words, it did not help because you did not follow the formatting requirements that would have benefited from the increased word count. That said, you still did a pretty good job and could score a bit higher than just passing in this instance, all things considered.
OP maya_diab 1 / 1  
So I'll get six because of the poor format 😅😅?!
Also I didn't get the point of the grammar...
So I have to use fullstops​instead of commas to indicate different sentences?

Home / Writing Feedback / "Pen and Paper Exams - IELTS exam task 2