Do people accomplish more when they are allowed to do things in their own way? SATs

vonquixotic 1 / 2  
(please help me grade this essay and do give me some constructive feedback on how i can further improve. Thank you! Please do give me your honest feedback.)

There is no such thing as a 'one size fit all' solution. People work and adapt differently and in their own unique way, therefore people do accomplish more if they are allowed to do things in their own way which best accommodates their needs and style.

Take for example the different learning styles, some children are kinesthetic learners whereas some are not. Children who are kinesthetic learners are able to absorb more while doing hands on activities, rather than just listening to a lecture or watching a demonstration. Thus, they are able to learn better, absorb more and perform better. There are, however, other learning styles that would cater to the needs of other children such as the visual, auditory or tactile learning. One would only be able to maximize their learning when they use a learning style which they are comfortable with and therefore helps them perform better. Using myself as an example, my greatest strength is my ability to remember information that i read easily Therefore, I am a visual learner and alternative forms of learning styles might not be as beneficial to my studying.

When one is allowed to do things their own way, they are able to be more relaxed and more at ease. With less mental stress and pressure, they are able to response better to a situation and perform with better results. Many psychological studies have proven that the human brain is much more responsive when it is completely relaxed. Under stress, thinking is usually characterized under lost of concentration, inability to process new information and hasty decision-making. As such, optimal results are not obtained.

However, being allowed to do thing in one's own way should also be in tandem with self-deterrmination and self-discipline. It is in human nature to procrastinate and I have once come across a quote which really sums up the whole nature of procrastination, 'procrastination is the grave in which opportunity is buried.' As such, it is the person's choice on how determined and disciplined they are to get about and start doing their work so that they could be a step closer to their success that brings them accomplish whether or not they are allowed to do things in their own way.

In conclusion, people do accomplish more when they are allowed to work in their own comfort zone. However, it has to be characterized with self-discipline, tenacity and staying focused on what they want to accomplish. It is a in a person's character and mindset that allows them to accomplish and accomplish more
Mohit1 2 / 2  
hey there,

your essay is balanced, argumentation is also impressive. You just need to work on minor things: Look in 2nd para, last sentence:

...ability to remember information that i read easily Therefore, I am a visual learner and alternative forms of learning styles might not be as beneficial to my studying. ...Fullstop after 'easily', 'I' not 'i' etc

and 'When one is allowed to do things their own way', just check it might be 'When one is allowed to do things on their own way' :)

hey, in the same way can u look and give feedback at my essay for IELTS ;)

Home / Writing Feedback / Do people accomplish more when they are allowed to do things in their own way? SATs