Some people are afraid of new things therefore they stick to what they know

chinkybehl22 10 / 25 4  
TOPIC:- Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that the change is always a good thing. Discuss both the views and give your own opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant example from your knowledge or experience.

scared of change

In this competitive world, most of the people welcome change and take it positively. However, there are a few who avoid changes in their lives and prefer to lead a conventional lifestyle. This essay will discuss both the views, followed by my opinion.

Nowadays, changes are inevitable. In order to achieve success and ease the daily activities, people prefer to bring changes, in terms of adopting technological advancement, exploring new career opportunities, etc. They feel that to achieve something big, they need to come out of their comfort zone and try to explore new things. Moreover, it is observed that changes are also done to cope up with existing problems. For example, the introduction of electric cars and solar cookers was widely accepted as it helped to conserve the non-renewable resources and reduce pollution.

However, there are a few , especially old aged people, who are resistant to these changes. They prefer to stick to the conventional methods to carry out their daily activities. They feel that as they have mastered these skills, adopting new methods would be a risky affair to deal. They fear to experience the complexity and challenges of learning new techniques. For example, old people prefer a basic phone over smartphone as they find it complex to operate and they fear that their inefficiencies will be showcased to their grandchildren, who might make fun of them.

In my opinion, in order to survive efficiently, people should accept the changes in their lives. As these changes make them competitive and help them to excel. Adapting the technological advances or even a small change in their lifestyle can make a big difference leading to a better and advanced future.

To conclude, people should welcome the change as it positively impacts their lives. It's not only comforting the individuals, but also benefit the society by eradicating environmental threats. This further boost the growth and development of the nation.
qin6882060 1 / 7 2  
1.You used 'change' in your first sentence while used the plural in other sentences.

2.ease in the daily activities.

3."bring changes" to where? maybe u could try "accept" or "embrace"

4. "feel that" are u trying to say "feel like" which means desire, want

5.They feel like to achieve something big, which requires them to go out of their comfort zone and to explore something new.

6.Moreover, it is witnessed that many changes have already been done to cope with existing problems.

7.... electric cars and solar cookers was widely accepted as they ... (the acceptance was after people had seen their success. You specified "non-renewable resources", so it's better to specify pollution as well )

8. ... especially elder people, who are relatively resistant to these changes.

9."They feel that as they have mastered these ..." This sentence is hard to be understood. Suggestion: They believe the skills they've acquired/mastered in their early age is sufficient to enjoy their lives, so they prefer not to risk adopting new methods which could potentially lead to uncertainty.

10.For example, many elder/aged people prefer basic phone ... their inefficiency would be showcased to their grandchildren ... (this seems awkward to me)

11. ... in order to survive (this is too much, consider live) efficiently, people should accept (you could try "take advantage of") the changes in their lives.

12.Adapting the technological advances, even a small one, can make a big difference to our(you are one of the "people") lifestyle and lead us to a better (this word seems redundant to me, you could try some other adj. such as promising) and advanced future.
Chinky, this is an almost perfect essay. Your opening statement has only one imperfection. The first sentence. It is not in compliance with the original prompt statement. The more accurate representation is:

There are two sets of beliefs regarding change that people support these days. The first set, believe that changes should be accepted in an affirmative manner. Others, would rather stick with the status quo. In this essay, I will discuss these two types of mindset along with my personal opinion based upon public knowledge and understanding.

You must also remember to always maintain the format tone of presentation in the essay. So using casual English words such at "etc" is unacceptable in this essay. Rather than saying "etc." just say, "among others" or "among other things". That is the more formal presentation for that implied situation.
OP chinkybehl22 10 / 25 4  
Thanks for the feedback I will surely keep in mind while writing the next essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people are afraid of new things therefore they stick to what they know