Some people argue that college must be provided free for everyone by the authorities

seramai 1 / -  
Hello, please kindly help me review my essay, thank you a lot for your help.

Topic:
Some people believe that everyone has a right to have access to university education and that governments should make it free for all students no matter what financial background they have.

To what extend do you agree or disagree?

Some people argue that college must be debt-free, irrespective of learners' financial status as everyone are worthy to be given their dues. Personally, I definitely disagree with this point of view owing to its adverse outcomes.

It is understandable that there are individuals who subscribe to the free-college policy as many students cannot complete their schooling due to their low social-economic backgrounds. These advocates believe that free-of-charge education would lead to more educated people, which contributes to the development of the country and society. This is a flawed idea since it can raise the youth unemployment rate as well as the number of people with degrees who will do jobs that they are overqualified for.

Another drawback of eliminating tuition fees is that students will take their college education for granted because they will not have to pay anything. These days, undergraduates have to pay for courses, which means that unless they want to spend another significant amount of money and time to re-attend those classes, they are forced to try their best to get good grades. In contrast, learners who receive the provision of free-of-charge education could be indifferent to their study if they have to pay nothing. For instance, they will easily cut classes or not bother to study hard since it costs them nothing. Hence, it leads to a waste of the national budget which is devoted to pursuing college without a fee.

In conclusion, I believe that education, in general, and college, in particular, should not be free for every individuals since the drawbacks are hard to overcome.

(262 words)
This is a flawed idea

Good job. This is exactly how this topic should be discussed based on the given parameters. This a good written debate presentation. However, your point of view discussion could be made longer and stronger in opposition. still, a good effort. It delivered.

Hence

This in the better developed opposition discussion. Try to replicate this style in your future exercises using similar single opinion discussions. You are on the right track.

In conclusion

This is the weak point in the discussion. This should have at least 40 words and a 2 sentence summary of the previous discussion. This is the section that will recieve a score down in the overall consideration. You need a reverse paraphrase here.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people argue that college must be provided free for everyone by the authorities