Some people argue that individuals' freedom should be in accordance with laws and rules, otherwise,

thuhabk 5 / 10  
Some people argue that individuals' freedom should be in accordance with laws and rules, otherwise, society cannot function as it should be.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is argued that society would perform its right function only if citizens obey their country's laws and rules. While I agree with this statement, I also think that it is still difficult to have an ideal society although individuals adhere to regulations.

It is undeniable that laws play a crucial role in maintaining the political and economical stability of a nation as well as bringing a peaceful life to citizens. Firstly, the number of criminals and illegal activities would increase dramatically if people were lawless. This poses huge threats to people's peace and social security. For example, recently in Hochiminh city, a significant rise in robbery cases not only causes a loss of safe for innocent people but also seriously affects local security. Secondly, laws are effective in orienting people to moral values which are accepted as social ethic standards, helping people avoid negative consequences caused by moral degradation. Taking the law on marriage and family, for instance, adultery under this law will be heavily punished, therefore it contributes to preventing adulterous relationships as well as ensuring each family's happiness.

On the other hand, I also believe not all people's compliance with the regulations and laws also allows creating a society more orderly. The reason is that in fact, there are numerous laws and rules which could be made illegally or are not suitable for the practice of human life. They would cause countless inconveniences and hassles to both citizens and authorities who follow and perform these laws. If citizens are forced to follow these laws, a country would also become an oppressive society, which makes people dissatisfied and the laws act as barriers to the development of a country and therefore society could not function as it should be.

In conclusion, I reaffirm that society could not operate correctly if people do not follow laws and rules. However, I also think that a country also could not go far if laws are issued illegally or not suitable to most of the people's lives in society.
You cannot both agree and disagree with the given statement. That is clearly a non opinion which will get you a failing TA score. Why? The clarity of your opinion is missing. You have to discuss only a single opinion clearly using 2 convincing reasoning paragraphs.

You have failed to discuss this essay in the required format, a measured single opinion response. This means you cannot be scored based on the given requirements. You have to review the proper approach to discussing single opinion extent essays. You can review similar discussions here to serve as your guide.

Bear in mind that you are scored first, on your ability to form a solid opinion, then your ability to clearly explain the reasons for your opinion second. You clearly failed to form an opinion of the singular kind, and strongky defend it via a measured tesponse in this essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people argue that individuals' freedom should be in accordance with laws and rules, otherwise,