Many people argue that social media makes individuals do not have to directly communicate together

dungqndt 2 / 3  

social media and the face-to-face interaction

Many people argue that social media makes individuals do not have to directly communicate together. While there are some drawbacks to communicating via social media, I maintain that the strengths will likely be more significant.

On the one hand, the idea of social media is advantageous to some extent. The first advantage of this is that it is easier to access and connect rapidly for anyone who has a mobile device with an Internet connection. This is because individuals have at least one mobile device, such as a smartphone, tablet, or laptop which is very popular, and they all have a wireless connection. Another advantage is social media, which provides a easy-to-master platform to use and communicate whenever and wherever. This is perfectly exemplified in case of Covid-19 pandemic, everyone needs to stay at home for safety, no one can go out, and social media is a temporary solution.

On the other hand, this practice can highlight a number of valid concerns. Firstly, time-consuming is first problem when people are using the social media. It is not only an environment for communication but also an entertainment space where they can read news, watch videos and surf the Internet. Secondly, social media makes one addicted to mobile devices. This could be explained by the fact that they do not need to go out and have face-to-face conversations; they just stay at home, surf, and update the new status of their friends.

In conclusion, this trend might possess numerous disadvantages. However, I am more inclined to the view that the advantages will likely prevail.
While the grammar of the essay leans more on the incorrect sentence structure and word usage side, the writer has managed to come across with clear thoughts regarding his personal opinion. Believe me, even though the score for the GRA and LR sections will not be very high, these mispresented sentences will somehow stop the C+C score from seeing a failing mark. While the C+C score will not be tremendously high, it will be enough to garner a somewhat passing score.

I have to point out though that an incorrect writer's opinion presentation was used in the reasoning paragraphs. The writer decided to use a comparative analysis of one positive and one negative aspect of the discussion, which is not what the examiner will expect to read. Since the question is posed in a debate format, the writer should use the written debate format in the reasoning paragraphs. That is because the believability of of opinion will be based upon how well he proves the opposing argument to be false. Therefore, there should be 2 perceived negatives that he can explain as actual positives in the discussion section. One negative idea with a positive explanation per paragraph. That is how the written A v. D written debate is formatted.

That said, the presentation cannot be seen as properly and completely developed due to the improper discussion format. Only the section that actually supports the writer's opinion would be accepted in this case, but it will not be enough of a consideration to receive a high passing score.

Home / Writing Feedback / Many people argue that social media makes individuals do not have to directly communicate together