TOEFL: Why people attend universities?

aqua12713 1 / 1  
In current century, a large number of developments in work conditions have been made. As a consequence, individuals attend universities in order to adapt themselves to these advances, and more importantly, achieve their goals. This essay revolves around the most important reasons which each individual attend universities in order to success in present century.

First, a large number of people attend universities so that they prepare themselves for new careers. Majoring in a field of study in a high ranked university enable students to acquire skills needed for a particular job. As a consequence, they are employed more easily and effectively in their favorite jobs. For example, if you are studying Medicine at John Hopkins University, it will be much easier for you to find an appropriate job. Figures show that students with good academic experiences employ better than others.

Secondly, some people who study in universities want to make new friends. Attending universities made it easier for students to find people with similar ideas and behaviors to them. Consequently making new friends will become more effective for these peoples. Take, for instance, students with a same field of study. According to scientists, such friendships are much longer than other relationships.

Finally, a group of students like learning. This group would like to increase their knowledge about every aspect of life. They take part in a large number of classes and participate in a wide range of academic activities, so they please themselves. For instance, biology students learn so many things about life and its evolution and they can understand the origin of the life. According to a scientific study, a large number of students attend another field of study after they graduate from their previous major.

To sum up, I hold the view that people should attend universities to acquire skills and increase their knowledge in order to improve their level of proficiency to achieve better jobs and have more convenient living condition.
nasiim 2 / 3  
Hi!
I think these comments can improve your writing!
which each individual attends universities in order to be successful in present century.

they will be hired more easily and effectively in their favorite jobs.

Attending universities makes it easier for students to find people...
In current century, a large number of developments in work conditions have been made.

... I don't find any relevance between this sentence and your topic. This is your hook and it should be relevant to the topic as well as should be powerful enough to grab the reader's attention.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL: Why people attend universities?