Many people base on advertising to assess things. Getting know about a country.

jerry 17 / 10  
Because of my math assignment, I've temporarily stopped writing :(

Now I can keep writing hard again. ^^

Here is my essay.

Can advertising tell lots of about a country?

Many people base on advertising to assess things. To me, advertising is not reliable enough to know about lots of things, especially a country. Advertising is only a short video or something like that. Advertising usually tells us only the good sides. Even worse, it sometimes provides us wrong information.

...
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Let's see:

"Many people use advertising as a base to assess things. To me, advertising is not reliable enough to know about lots of things, especially a country. Advertising is only a short video or something like that. Advertising usually tells us only the good sides. Even worse, it sometimes provides us wrong information. (Aren't the main objectives of ads to sell something?)

A long history or developing progress of a country is hardly described by a short video or a picture.

Good information is that from specialists' statistics, analyses and historical evidences, not from a superficial advertising. (I believe a word that would be useful in this section is "tourism" or "tourist".)

As a result, some advertising can only be used to impress, not to provide information. Why is the negative not subjective?

Advertising about a country is usually used to attract tourists or investment. Because of the desire to get profits, advertising makers sometimes provide wrong information. Tourists or investors will be first impressed, but soon after, they may be disappointed with the real face of the country. This affects both the country's reputation and attracted people who have just wasted time and money. (This information could be better integrated into the previous two paragraphs instead of being used as one stand-alone paragrpah.)

I cannot deny the advantages that advertising brings us. It provides some very first information and impression about something. But many things, a country included, cannot be truly describe by just a superficial thing like advertising. In conclusion, it is prudent not to trust in advertising in some cases."

Good work.

Home / Writing Feedback / Many people base on advertising to assess things. Getting know about a country.