People believe that the government should make college free. AGREE OR DISAGREE?

Lina nguyen 1 / -  

abolishing tuition fees

A school of thought holds a belief that governments should waive pupils' tuition regardless of their socio-economic backgrounds since everyone is entitled to attend tertiary education. I am not in favor of this opinion due to some reasons

On the one hand, provision of free-of-charge education is beneficial for students and countries in some ways. On the individual level, people having economically disadvantaged backgrounds could stand a better chance to be a bachelor's degree holder once this policy is implemented. Therefore, a college qualification would be a tremendous help for them in case of applying for jobs and getting a well-paid position. In terms of society, tuition waiver would give rise to a more educated workforce which is the key factor for a thriving economy and civilized world.

On the other hand, despite those aforementioned merits of free-college policy, numerous drawbacks do exist. The most compelling reason for not making university free is that the more the acquisition of a tertiary degree, the more competitive the job market is. This would lead to the circumstance that the university degree is no longer an indispensable element to enroll in the company. In addition to this, a huge cost to cover higher education tuition could put a strain on the government coffers. As a consequence, implementing heavier taxes or reducing welfare are inevitable in order to charge the tuition fees.

In conclusion, it is worth considering that there are both advantages and disadvantages of covering college tuition. It seems to me that these benefits are overshadowed by the demerits.
There are 2 schools of thought provided for this prompt and yetonly one is reflected in the restatement. The essay provides an incomplete revieeu of the original prompt. Both points of view must be provided in order to give merit to the writers stated opinion.

As this is not presented as a comparative discussion originally, the presentation of the writer discussion must be selective by design. Using a single supported opinion based on an agreement or disagreement with the statement, prove the writer's selected opinion to be true. This must be done via 2 related reasons that can support a connected paragraph discussion. The lack of the "compare and discuss" writing instruction invalidates the current writing approach to the question.

Home / Writing Feedback / People believe that the government should make college free. AGREE OR DISAGREE?