Some people believe that it is more important to teach children the literature of the country

lanlan 3 / 6  

Knowledge about other countries' literature

The question of whether literature for children in the country or international literature should be taught has gained popularity in the past several decades. While some may suggest teaching only the literature of the country, the suggestion is groundless, and should not be implemented.

Learning about other literature from other countries has considerable advantages. First, it offers opportunities for students to discover new cultures. The pupil would find it easy to learn a new language by comprehending other cultures, which is very necessary nowadays. Second, it's a chance to meet learners around the world or make more friends. That indicates they can broaden their knowledge of the beliefs, values, and consumptions of others that are considered to be the element that builds culture.

Furthermore, if graduated children understand other traditions, they will have more employment opportunities. Thanks to globalization, they can work not only in their country's company but also in multinational companies. They would have decent jobs with high salaries which could improve their standard of living. In addition, once they have knowledge of the literature of other countries, they may be given opportunities to teach other people about their literature. These activities may help to improve this country's literature surface.

To sum up, there are many advantages to teaching students about the literature of other countries, so students should be taught both country literature and other countries.
The first thing I noticed about this essay is that it does not follow the standard IELTS prompt for this topic which is:

It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

So I am not sure how to approach the review for this discussion. It does not follow the original prompt requirement and you failed to provide the prompt that you are using for this essay so reviewing your essay based on content and discussion approach will be useless.

I also noticed that you did not meet the minimum 250 word requirement. You only wrote 229 words, which means the corresponding points deductions for being under the word count will result in a severely low score for this essay discussion. Again, since I do not know what the prompt topic and discussion requirement is, I cannot hazard a guess as to how you could have improved your response to meet the word count.

Based on these reasons, it should be obvious that your essay, when all the errors for the remaining scoring rubic are taken into consideration, will not meet the minimum 5 band score. Yes, I can make that conclusion even without knowing the main prompt requirements as the word count is an integral part of the scoring consideration and poses a heavy percentage of deductions when the minimum count is not met.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people believe that it is more important to teach children the literature of the country