Some people believe that pressures of modern life are having negative effects on fami

thuytrangenglis 1 / 1  
Some people believe that pressures of modern life are having negative effects on family life; to what extent do you agree or disagree?
(2/7/2013)
Thanks to the development of advanced technologies, people nowadays tend to utilize them in almost every aspect of life. Socialists blame the pressure of modern life on unstable family foundation. Nevertheless, I am of the opinion that such pressures do not necessarily ruin family life.

It is first believed that more workload given and deadlines called have deprived people of time for their family. There are people working hours on end to keep up with the growing demand of their job but sparing very little time for their offspring. Although workers have to spend less time with other family members, family life is still ensured for some reasons. Once people work assiduously, they will have money to grant their children better caring and education; they are also able to afford big houses, luxurious cars and other expensive items those prices are sky-rocketing. When their children are well-educated and their material life is guaranteed, people are in a very good position to exert themselves in their work with a peace of mind.

Second, technological innovations have increased drawbacks of modern life. People readily have access to the Internet, many of them see themselves sticking their eyes to computer screens, finding virtual relationships rather than sharing feelings with their parents, and siblings. On the other hand, facts have shown that familial bonds are actually fostered by dint of the assistance of the Internet. Thanks to Internet access, my parents can keep in touch with all my brothers living in far-away places taking higher education. No sooner has the Internet flattened the world then family members feel connected with each other no matter where they are.

Third, antis have their points in the argument that pressures of modern life actually do more good than harm. In the past, men were often viewed as breadwinners and hence appeared aggressive, dictatorial and conservative while women were inferior, undeniably. Although nowadays male positions are still superior, gender equity has been recognized since women are allowed to devote themselves to their work and to share financial burdens with their husbands. Children raised in a family which both spouses shoulder equal responsibilities are more likely to avoid mental disorders or sexual disorientation. Family life is, once again, bolstered.

All in all, I do believe that the pressures of modern life, to some extent, take their tolls on both parents and their kids. However, such pressures will turn out to be a boon, rather than a threat in the long run.
fred123 6 / 8 2  
Thanks to the development of advanced technologies,
Since

Socialists often blame the pressure of modern life as a cause ofon unstable family foundation.

Nevertheless, I am of the opinionThis is agreed that such pressures do not necessarily ruin family life.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people believe that pressures of modern life are having negative effects on fami