People can have many benefits by deciding to eat at home

nadiap 1 / 1  
13. Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, when deciding where to eat, some people prefer to go to food stands or restaurants, in order to save time. Whereas other people opt for preparing their own food and eat it at home. As for me, I agree with them and indeed, I rather prefer to eat at home than going out , since I believe there are several advantages and benefits that I will explain in the following essay.

First of all, by deciding to eat at home, you are more able to keep yourself in shape. Preparing your meals give you the possibility to follow a more healthy diet, since you can choose the ingredients and the quantity you are going to use for a cake or a pizza. Therefore, we will feel much safer to eat a home-made sandwich with fresh salad, tomatoes and smoked ham than eating the same sandwich at a fast food or a reataurant because we exactly know how it was prepared and what it contains. By saying this, my intention is not that of discrediting restaurants or fast food companies, but I want to point out that a home- made meal can be much healthier as we can pay much more attention to choose its ingredients than a fast food, where it often happens they are more likely to be distracted because of the popular demand.

Furthermore, we can feel more comfortable by eating at home. Despite eating at a restaurant or even at a fast food, people do not have to be perfectly dressed or appeared as if they are flawless. As for me, when I eat at home, I can lay on my couch and watch TV, without caring of other's judgments. In addition to that, I am free to choose the time I will prepare my meal and eat it. Whereas, in many restaurants you need to book a table and you must arrive on time if you do not want to risk to let it to someone else. Thus, it can be really stressful sometimes.

In conclusion, I believe that people can have many benefits by deciding to eat at home, since they will not be worried about their aspect, they can feel comfortable and, last but not least, they can eat and prepare healthier meals.
Nowadays, when deciding where to eat, some people prefer to go to food stands or restaurants, in order to save time. Whereas other people opt for preparing their own food and eat it at home.------------It's better if you make one sentence from these two sentences such as;

Some people prefer eating at food stands or restaurants that help them save time while others prefer home cooked food.

As for me, I agree with them and indeed, ---------- when you say I agree with them the reader may get confused about what you mean by the word "them". Is it the choices or the set of people? So, try to improve clarity of this sentence;

In my view, eating at home is better than eating from out. I wish to reinforce the reasons why I believe so in the following paragraphs;

First of all, by deciding to eat at home, you are morebetter able to keep yourself in shape. Preparing your meals give you the possibilityopportunity to followconsume a more healthyhealthier diet, since you can choose the ingredients and decide on their quantityiesthat you are going to use for a cake or a pizza.
Meluzyna - / 1  
"Preparing your meals give you the possibility to follow a more healthy diet"
Preparing your meals yourself gives you the possibility
OR (better IMO) enables you
the jury is still out on "more healthy" vs "healthier", but personally, like Dumi, I'd go for healthier

Therefore, we will feel much safer to eating a home-made sandwich with fresh salad, tomatoes and smoked ham than eating the same sandwich atfrom a fast food outlet or a reas taurant because we exactly know how it was prepared and what it contains. ByIn saying this, my intention is not that ofto discrediting restaurants or fast food companies, but I want to point out that a home- made meal can be much healthier as we can pay much more attention to choose itsthe choice of ingredients than a fast food restaurant canwhere it often happens they are more likely to be distracted because of the popular demand.

I'd re-write the whole of the end of this sentence as it doesn't really fit in - the quality of fast food ingredients is simply not as high as that of ingredients you buy and prepare yourself because it all comes down to the bottom line - they are buying low cost / low quality ingredients to maximise their profit!

Furthermore, we can feel more comfortable by eating at home. DespiteUnlike eating at a restaurant or even at a fast food outlet ["fast food" is what you eat, not the place you eat it] , people do not have to be perfectly dressed or appeared as if they are flawlessor worry about their appearance . As for me, when I eat at home, I can lay [WRONG VERB!! A hen lays an egg: you might LIE on your couch] lie on my couch and watch TV, without caring of about other'sother people'sjudgements . In addition to that, I am free to choose the time I will prepare my meal and eat it. Whereas, in many restaurants you need to book a table and you must arrive on time if you do not want to risk to let itit being given to someone else. Thus, it can be really stressful someat times.

In conclusion, I believe that people can havegain many benefits byadvantages from deciding to eat at home, since they will not be worried about their aspectappearance , they can feel comfortable and, last but not least, they can eat and prepare healthier meals.
OP nadiap 1 / 1  
Thank you so much for your corrections and suggestions :) I am really worried about TOEFL. How much do you think I can score if I write in this way?
Great thread!
In this spot, you used DESPITE when you were supposed to use UNLIKE:
Despite Unlike eating at a restaurant or even at a fast food establishment, people do not have to be perfectly dressed or appeared as if they are flawless. As for me, when I eat at home, I can lay on my couch and watch TV without caring about others' judgments.

I made many changes above. Did you notice this one? ----> others'

The word despite is different. Use it like this:
Despite the interesting experiences I had, I really did not enjoy my vacation.
"Despite" is a word to use when you might use "even though:...
Even though I had interesting experiences, I really did not enjoy my vacation.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / People can have many benefits by deciding to eat at home