[IELTS] People born with talent or taught later

pratikdbl 2 / 4  
Topic:It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sports or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.

Discuss both these view and give your own opinion.
Essay:
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sports or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.

It is said that every person has certain unique quality. Many people have definitive talent which they develop over years by training. While for others, they believe that they were born with it.

We often hear from many singers that they started singing while they started to talk. I remember Connie Talbot in Britain's Got Talent show saying she started singing since infancy. She was so little and her voice was amazing making us believe she was born with her talent. David Beckham, a famous sport personality, is also considered born with his talent.

On the other hand, there are many famous people who were trained to become what they are now. In India, classical dancers are trained from early childhood. In the US, primary school is giving higher importance to extra-curricular activities due to which many stars are born. Lionel Messi was diagnosed with a disease which would have stopped him from playing football. But with his long and hard training, he has now become one of the best footballers of all time.

However, I think the development of talent depends on the environment in which the person grows in and training is indispensable. Environment may be family, friend or even technology. But talent will not develop without proper training. Environment triggers interest and learning develops it. For example, a child of pianist develops interest in playing piano from early childhood but it's the correct training and dedication that makes that child a better pianist.

In conclusion, I do not believe talent is in born. In early childhood, it is the interest that a person develops due to the environment he grew up in. The person, with proper teaching and hard work, builds this interest to talent.
Slim shady 12 / 27  
It is said that every person has a certain unique qualitytalent .

While for others, they believe that theypeoplewere born with ita natural ability .

We often hear from many singers that they started singing while they started to talk. I remember Connie Talbot in Britain's Got Talent showsaying shewho claimed that she started singing since infancyher childhood. She was so little and her voice was amazing making us believe she was born with her talent. David Beckham, a famous sportsmanpersonality , is also considered born with his talent.

On the other hand, there are many famous people who trained hard to achieve popularitywere trained to become what they are now . In India, classical dancers are trained from early childhood. In the US, primary school is giving higher importance to extra-curricular activities due to which many stars are born.(what do you mean?)Lionel Messi was diagnosed with a disease which concerned that he couldnot play football anymorewould have stopped him from playing football . But with his long and hard training, he has now become one of the best footballers of all time.

However, I think the development of talent depends on the environment in which the person grows in, family, friends or even technology for instance.and training is indispensable.Environment may be family, friend or even technology . But talent will not be developed without proper training. (you can say: The people around us have many effects on improving our interests.)Environment triggers interest and learning develops it. For example, a child of pianist develops interest in playing piano from early childhood but it's the correct training and dedication that makes that child a better pianist.

In conclusion, I do not believe talent is in born. In early childhood, it is the interest that a person develops due to the environment he grew up in. The person, with proper teaching and hard work, builds this interest to talent . (REWRITE conclusion. Try to connect the meaning of sentences to each other.)

You need to rewrite the essay, and try to understand the topic sentences and question.

good luck Pratikdbl...
OP pratikdbl 2 / 4  
Thanks a lot for your feedback. I will re-write it again.
Many people have definitivecertainly talents which they develop over years by training. Whilewhilefor others (no comma)they believe that they were born with it.

Note "while' is used as either a noun or a conjunction. In your para it serves the purpose of a conjunction so that you need to connect the two sentences with "while".

e.g
I slept for a while before dinner (used as a noun)
The days were hot while we were on vacation(used as a conjunction)
While I like cats, my husband is allergic(used as a conjunction)
Alicesh 3 / 4  
pratikdbl
While for others, they believe ( While others believe ) would be better
OP pratikdbl 2 / 4  
Thanks alicesh and dumi

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS] People born with talent or taught later