Because people are busy doing so many different things, they do very few things well.

pardis76 1 / -  

multitasking affects people

In today's busy world, everyone is obsessed with getting more done. Some people believed that the more they do diverse things, the closer they get to prosperity. However, others are of the opinion that engaging in different tasks, makes it difficult to handle all of them at one time. Personally speaking, I hold the view that doing so many tasks, causes distraction, hamper productivity, and as a result, it worsens overall performance.

First of all, single-tasking results in higher concentration and lower stress level however multi-tasking is a focus-killer. Some people insisted on doing the different tasks in parallel to achieve all their goals simultaneously. However, in this way they cannot focus on one specific subject and put their all efforts to get the ideal result. There is no doubt that if you solely focus on something, it will definitely be ended up well. For instance, a friend of mine was going to guitar and violin classes at the same time. She practiced (rehearse) a lot but her expected result was not achieved because she couldn't concentrate completely on both classes. After one year of effort, she felt anxious and dissatisfied. While I think, had she chosen one instrument, she would definitely have made a lot of progress. Also, it seems multi-taskers are more distractible because every time they switch to a new task, they should re-focus which makes them more prone to distractions. Consequently, being focalized is the underlying factor of the process of becoming professional in any field.

second, behind every success, there are years of persistence and hard work. As we all heard, it is quality rather than quantity that matters. It means what is counts is how well the tasks are done. Indeed, the more time we devote to a specific activity the more chance to succeed. By prioritizing our work, we can manage our day to spend adequate time on more important activities first, results in higher quality, results in more quickly. While when we divide our time between a large number of tasks, each of them progresses at a slow pace which reduces our productivity. In addition, doing so many different things may seem interesting at first but in long term, it leads to exhaustion. In the beginning, you may feel satisfied but abruptly, there comes a time when the pressure of doing all those tasks leads you to give up everything. It's important to bear in mind that flawless performance is achieved when reasonable time is spent on an activity.

To put it in a nutshell, concentrating on diverse activities at the same time not only is confusing but is also traumatic. from my vantage point, in order for a task to be accomplished perfectly and yield results, appropriate time should be spent simultaneously with high concentration.
The writer is highly focused on the length of his essay. The unnecessary discussion length makes the opinion presentation feel more like a language exercise instead of a task 2 response. The task 2 essay requires the exam taker to present his full discussion in the quickest and shortest possible manner, hence the 40mminute writing allowance. Keeping the paragraphs short are necessary for the cohesiveness and coherence scoring bases. It also helps the writer avoid grammar errors.

The longer the presentation, the more GRA mistakes are created. This essay is proof of that. That is why, even though the essay shows an understanding of the topic, the overall discussion approach will still recieve a lower scoring consideration. The writer commited the very error he was discussing in his essay. He tried to cover too many topics per paragraph.That is the written equivalent of inefficient multi-tasking.
lemonadelemon 1 / 1  
I get the point of this essay. And well said, I agree with your point of view. But make sure you're not talking to wide about the topic. Even though your essay is really enjoy-able to be read but i felt those need-to-make-it-longer vibes. Make sure to make it more sharp and not giving unnecessary topic in your essay. Not bad

Home / Writing Feedback / Because people are busy doing so many different things, they do very few things well.