Most people do not care enough about environmental issues .Do you agree or disagree? Reasons?

ngocngoc 1 / -  

environmental problems should be taken seriously

There is no denying that environmental problems should be taken seriously to prevent disaster in the future. However, unfortunately, most people do not take this threat seriously for a number of reasons. The following essay will outline why the majority of them do not pay enough attention to environmental issues.

To begin with, the main reason people do not give the environment much thought is because at the moment , it does not affect their daily life . In other words, they cannot see how global warming or pollution is destroying the environment . It is only when a crisis such as flooding occurs ,which people start to consider the reasons behind it . Even so, these are soon forgotten and the situation is once ignored again.

Another reason environmental issues are ignored is people do not know about them . To illustrate , although they have heard of global warming or air pollution , they do not fully understand the implications of them. For instance , the numbers of people use cars and motorbikes in Vietnam is increasing dramatically in recent years , which can cause acute deseases in relation to air pollution such as lung cancer, respiratory infections ,etc. Furthermore , many people do not believe environmental issues will impinge on their life in another 50 to 100 years. Consequently , it is thought that those will be dealt with by younger generations.

Taking everythings into account , I strongly agree that whilst there may be some people are fully aware of the environmental issues, the majority of the population still do not give them the attention they deserve.
jannicefelicia 1 / 3  
The points delivered are clear. However, I would suggest you to remove the space between a word and the comma/dot that comes after (i.e. "Furthermore ," -> "Furthermore," or "... them ." -> "... them.").
Your essay is only analyzing reasons for the discussion. You forgot to respond to the question which is "To what extent do you agree or disagree?". Without a response to that question, your essay response will be considered only partially correct in response and will lose points for not having properly responded to the discussion question and not having provided an outline for the reasoning topics. Your rephrasing of the original prompt is now incorrect and, your discussion instruction, as you presented it in the essay, becomes a prompt deviation. Since you changed the discussion instruction for the essay, you cannot get a passing score with this presentation. You should always respond to the questions asked in the prompt restatement because that helps the examiner to judge your English comprehension skills and early reasoning abilities. You cannot save your actual response for the concluding paragraph because that is only used as a summary of the overall discussion. It is incorrect of your to place your extent response there because you changed too much of the original presentation in your paraphrase for it to qualify as still related to the original prompt. You also neglected to conclude the essay in the process, creating an open ended essay rather than a concluding statement for your presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / Most people do not care enough about environmental issues .Do you agree or disagree? Reasons?