Why people choose to go to a college or university more than the past time?

RosaKar 1 / 2 1  
Nowadays, having a high education is part of everyone's life in most societies. Many people go to college and start studying in different fields; the number of these individuals is getting more and more every day. There are various reasons why going college has become popular, and I will be addressing three important factors in this essay.

First of all, going to college supports people future careers. Our daily lives become more specific and complicated every day, and we have to learn about how to survive in this intricate condition. For example, when I was a child, an education system was so simple. A teacher with a piece of chalk wrote on the wooden blackboard and explained the new lesson to us in the classroom, but today every elementary teacher in school should be familiar to work with a computer that look likes a toy in current students' hands. As a result, many people have to go to a college to learn about the new technology and would be able to have a job in a modern society.

Secondly, people who have a degree from a college usually have a significant income. Nobody can deny the terrible implications of a bad financial situation on individuals' lives; if money is not the reason of happiness, the lack of it would be the a clear contribution to misery. That is why people go to college to get a high education and have relatively secured lives in future. For instance, when I came to Canada, I started working as a sale associate in a clothing store. I had been asked to work on all weekends for 9 dollars per hour. It was nothing compared to the cost of living and being away from my family on all weekends, but I had no choice. Everything changed as I took a college degree in medical office assistant course because there were more job opportunities with a higher wage, working in a clinic and get paid 20 dollars per hour. You can see how matters going to a college in establishing your economical life.

Finally, keen of learning and knowing is in human instinct since the down of time. It is a natural curiosity that draws all different age of people to study. Some individuals go to college because they are crazy about finding answers to their questions. I remember an incredible clip video about hypnotism last year. It was about performing surgery without using any medication; it was stunning to see how comfortable was the patient when her abdominal wall was cut by the surgeon. I made my decision and took a course in hypnotherapy in order to understand the process of doing surgery without any pain. It is obvious how the urge to learn can motivate a person to study more.

In conclusion, going to college is a common decision currently. Promising job in future, making more money, and natural urging to know are the main reasons why people choose to study in college. I think more and more individuals will be sitting on college chairs because of highly advanced lifestyle in the near future.
Charlottefang 2 / 11 2  
Hi RosaKar,

Nowadays, having a high education is part of everyone's life in most societies. Many people go to college and start studying in different fields; the number of these individualsCOLLEGE STUDENTS is getting more and more every day. There are various reasons why going college has become popular, and I will be addressingEXPLAIN THIS PHENOMENON BY PRESENTING three important factors in this essay.

I think you didn't really mention why teachers had to change their ways of teaching in order to meet current need. What need? Why did then change? Maybe it's because the society has changed to be intellectual-driven instead of labour-driven.

First of all, going to college supports people'S future careers. Our daily lives become more specific and complicated every day, and we have to learn about how to survive in this intricate condition. For example, when I was a child, an education system was soRATHER simple.

... and explained the new lesson to us in the classroom,; but today every elementary teacher ...
Rosa, the strength of your essay lies in the way that you were able to refer to your personal experience in order to make your point. Using either a personal or second hand knowledge of the experience of another person is always a plus when writing an opinion essay. So that piece of writing on your part just increased your chance at a good score. It shows a clear understanding and ability to explain your thoughts in English. Now for the weakness of your essay. While your understanding of the prompt helped propel this essay to an average level, the way that your thoughts seem to get confused at times creates a problem regarding understanding in this essay. the confusion comes from the way you develop the sentences so if you want to correct that problem, learn to double check your essay before submission. If you get confused while reading your own work, then so will the examiner. Now for the actual essay:

...the number of these individuals is getting more and more every day INCREASES EVERYDAY.

First of all, going to college supports people'S future careers.
... and we have to learn about how to survive in this intricate condition.
For example, when I was a child, an THE education system was so simple.
but today every elementary teacher in school should be familiar to work with a computer TABLET that look likes a toy in current students' hands THE STUDENT'S HANDS.

... learn about the new technology and would be able to SO THAT PEOPLE CAN have a job in a modern society.

Secondly, people who have a degree from a college usually have a significant income.
a bad financial situation on individuals' AN INDIVIDUAL'S lives LIFE;
if money is not the reason of FOR happiness,
That is why people go to college . to TO get a high education and have A relatively secured lives LIFE in THE future. Everything changed as I took a college degree in COMPLETED MY MEDICAL ASSISTANT COURSE AND BECAME office assistant course because AS there were more job opportunities with a higher wage, working in a clinic and get paid 20 dollars per hour. You can see how matters[/] MUCH going to a college MATTERS in establishing your A STABLE economical life.

... keen of A DESIRE FOR learning and knowing is in A human instinct since the down of time .
I remember an incredible clip video CLIP about hypnotism last year.
it was stunning to see how comfortable was the patient WAS when her abdominal wall was cut by the surgeon.

going to college is NOW a common decision currently . Promising GAINING A job in THE future,
and THE NATURAL URGE natural urging to know are the main reasons why people choose to study in college.
more individuals will be sitting on IN college chairs because of highly advanced lifestyleS in the near future.
OP RosaKar 1 / 2 1  
Dear Charlot,
Thank you so much for your immediate help. Really appreciate.
OP RosaKar 1 / 2 1  
Dear vangiespen,
Thanks a lot for your time, really appreciate.

Home / Writing Feedback / Why people choose to go to a college or university more than the past time?