Writing Task 2: People claim that not enough of the waste from home is recycled.

Arlen 20 / 40 3  
They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement.

To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their waste?

The waste recycling scale - should it be more widespread?

Nowadays,the concept of eco-environment has been raised. People is facing the environmental issue eagerly and trying to find the solutions to repair it. There are several ways can achieve the goal, and recycling is one of them. Some people believe that only by making the law can make people do the recycle. In my opinion, I support this statement and my reasons are following.

First of all, although recycling takes time to recognize which categories of your garbage and what is proper handing way, it is the easiest method which everyone can do it. However, lazy is people's nature that people would ignore to do so only for their own convenience. In order to let people practice the recycling, the government should be the leader sheet which not only announces the importance of recycling but also legislate. Furthermore, the laws should restrict not only individual but the industries. I think only when the whole society anticipate in this activity so as to make the laws meaningful.

On the other hand, others argue that it is unnecessary to make the law because recycling should be integrated into our life. Rather than legislating, they assume the government should pay more attention on the education. I do believe the emphasis on the sustainable environmental education is able to let the next generation understand the importance of recycling, but it is easy becoming an empty talk. For example, in my country, people have to pay the considerable money to the government to handle the trash properly.The irony is that we learn lots of environment-friendly issue since young but grow up people never do the recycling.

There is an old saying that actions speak louder than words. I convinced that if the government make recycling become an obligation, then the people is willing to obey.
Arlen, there is a certain degree of confusion in the way that you deliver the message of your essay. This is due to poorly constructed sentences stemming from your limited ability to properly form English sentences. For example, you said:

... the government should be the leader sheet...

The correct sentence formation should have been:

... the government should be the leader in legislating...

Do you see how your desire to create a complex sentence creates an improper simple sentence in the process? As such, you need to practice better word usage and sentence formation in your upcoming practice tests. In addition to that, there is also a need to for you to understand that the point of view that you do not support should never close the essay. That is because when you present the side that you do not support in the last part of the essay, that is most likely what the examiner will remember as your supporting statement. Mostly because the point of view that you support or are in agreement with is usually made the closing part because the strength of your essay comes from the way that you have a strong, positive finish to your message.
ilmuholic 3 / 5  
Arlen, you have to clearly show your opinion. It seem that there is no a completion in your writing. It should be obviously stated in the conclusion.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing Task 2: People claim that not enough of the waste from home is recycled.