Some people claim that teaching children of different abilities together will benefit them

william731 18 / 43 13  
some people think educate children of different abilities together will benefit them. Others think intelligent children should be taught separately and give special courses, discuss both side and give own opinion!

Traditionally, schools treat every student equally and group students in a class based on their age. However, there is a growing popularity that schools intend to develop more elite students by separating intelligent children from others and giving them more intensified courses. This essay intends to discuss the views of two different teaching methods while also present my own opinion.

Firstly, intelligent students are quick learners that they can master what they learned faster than others. Allocating them to a normal class may hinder their learning progress since they are capable of learning more than what the normal course can give them. Therefore, it is believed that grouping those students based on the level of intelligence allows teachers to design specific programs for them to utilize their full capacity of learning ability.

On the other hand, the counter argument suggests that distinguishing talented students with special treatments may impose negative effects on their personality. The recognized students may have a sense of perception that they are superior than others. As a result, they may develop negative attitudes such as being arrogant and over-confident. Besides, a class that consists of students with various levels of intelligence may have its benefits. It is because students can compete with each other academically and learn from the best student in the class.

Personally, I believe children should be treated equally in the school. It is because when schools are allowed to identify the intellectual students, they may incline to neglect the average students and emphasize on training those talented students.

To conclude, both teaching methods have their pros and cons. Yet, I am personally in favour of the traditional one since every student should receive fair treatment regardless of their intellectual levels.
xatutik 12 / 29 10  
Your essay is a good one. Your structure is very clear and paragraphs are separated logically. You used suitable transaction words to go from one point to the other. However there are several things I would like to mention.

First, it would be better to include your opinion in the introduction.
Secondly, though you have discussed two options very well, you paid less attention to your own opinion, it would be better to say more about it in order to be persuasive.
Vns9x 102 / 236 16  
Do not forget to include your experiences in both body paragraphs next time. That way you will improve your score greatly;)
OP william731 18 / 43 13  

I think you are right when we are writing opinion type question but I think it is better to leave personal opinion at the end when it is a discussion type question.
Your essay will greatly benefit from further discussions in the first two paragraphs. Perhaps offering an example or two based on professional opinions coming from teachers would help to reinforce the supporting reasons you provided. The opposing argument could use further development as well and a few examples to prove your point.

- William, it would greatly help your essay if you developed this point of view further before concluding the essay. In an opinion type essay such as this one, your personal opinion and any experience that you can use to back up your claims are greatly appreciated by the reader. That is because it shows a deeper understanding of the topic being discussed and reinforces the fact that your opinion has a solid foundation. Don't forget that your personal opinion carries most of the weight in a graded paper as this is the part of the essay that proves your reading comprehension and written communication skills.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people claim that teaching children of different abilities together will benefit them