How most people in my country earn a living!

thaladanushkar 1 / -  
How do most people in your country earn a living?

There is a lot of competition in this fast moving world. Most of us fight for an income in different ways. For example, office employees compete by maintaining a regularity in the office and completing their works quickly, while entrepreneurs advertise their shops and display special discounts to promote sales.

Sri Lanka is still a developing country where the main source of income is based on tea plantations. There are many tea estates where farmers go on plucking fresh tea leaves every morning. But most of their productions are exported to foreign countries like UK, Spain and Portugal. It is tasted by many people around the world.

Sri Lanka entertains a lot of tourists from other countries. Huge sums of money are made by local shop owners, taxi drivers, hotels and tourist guides through tourists.

Many people own small and large retailing shops in my country. They open their shops everyday and work about eight hours. Their income varies.

People living in coastal areas go on fishing everyday and serve great deals of fresh fish in the morning. Some of the tastiest fish are given only to those who pay the highest amount.

Insurance companies and banks are expanding their services. Still, there are many villages who have not consumed any of these services. However, shareholders and owners did not encounter any loses till today.

There are many other ways for people to earn a living. The standard of living has not developed that much in my country. As it is a developing country, most people are based on primary production aand half of their income is spent on food, housing and clothing.

Education is the main key to make people earn a living and improve living standards.
Th25cc 2 / 90 26  
I think you may want to detail just one or two of the biggest ways in which people in Sri Lanka make money. You provide 1 or 2 sentences about a lot of ways to make a living. I think the essay the college expects is one regarding the most common method. You should simply describe the most common method in lots of detail.

Just be more specific rather than broad and your essay will be fine.
manjot 2 / 30  
It is tasted by many people around the world.

People are fond of Shri Lankan tea sounds better.

Huge sums of money are made by local shop owners, taxi drivers, hotels and tourist guides through tourists.

Its passive voice, make it active voice.

I think its short, and too many paragraphs , make it 2-3 paragraphs and ideas should be coherent.

Like my post if you find it helpful.

Home / Writing Feedback / How most people in my country earn a living!