'people deserve to be known for what they did' - - TOEFL

Nayara 2 / 6  
Awards and prizes are given for excellence in various fields. Do these awards and prizes serve a useful purpose? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Currently, there are a lot of awards and prizes that are given to the people that more stand out in several areas. Some people disagree with this, because they believe that these prizes don't have useful purpose. They think that these awards just increase the fame of the people. However, in my view, it's very important reward people that did help in the develop of their area. In addition, this prizes can be useful to these people carry on with their projects and attract the attention of the public.

I think that the people deserve be known for what they did. Because, these people spend much time in their projects. Some of these people give up of their personal life to dedicate to your works. Furthermore, many of these projects have great influence in our lives. For example, some scientists spend their whole live researching about treatments and medicines to cure diseases. Therefore, the prizes are a way of the society thanks these people.

Moreover, when a prize is given for a person, generally his project gain stand out. Because of it, this person can earn grants and it allows the people carry on his work. For instance, consider a scientist in a university with little resources. The award attract sponsors to their research and due it, he is able to buy more materials and has more students in the laboratory.

Finally, the award attracts the attention of the public to the work. This is very important in some situations. For example, people that help children in poor countries. When these people gain some award, the public knows their work. Thus, some people enroll in the project.

To sum up, awards and prizes are very important, The, in fact, have useful purposes like help the people carry on their projects and stand out important causes.
applenjuice 2 / 3  
Currently, there are a lot of awards and prizes that are given to the people that more stand out in several areas. Some people disagree with this, because they believe that these prizes don't have useful purpose. They think that these awards just increase the fame of the people. However, in my view, it's very important to reward people that did help in the develop of their area (sound weird). In addition, this prizes can be useful to these people carry on with their projects and attract the attention of the public.

I think that the people deserve be known for what they did. Because, these people spend huge(maybe better?) time in their projects. Some of these people give up of their personal life to dedicate to their works. Furthermore, many of these projects have great influence in our lives. For example, some scientists spend their whole live researching about treatments and medicines to cure diseases. Therefore, the prizes are a way of the society thanks these people .(sound weird)(the prizes are a way of the society to give back what they deserve. maybe better?)

Moreover, when a prize is given for a person, generally his project gain stand out. Because of it, this person can earn grants and it allows the people carry on his work. For instance, consider a scientist in a university with little resources. The award attract sponsors to their research and due to it, he is able to buy more materials and has more students in the laboratory.

nice point, i didn't thought about that. Finally, the award attracts the attention of the public to the work. This is very important in some situations. For example, people that help children in poor countries. When these people gain some award, the public knows their work. Thus, some people enroll in the project.

To sum up, awards and prizes are very important.The, in fact, have (farfetched)useful purposes like help the people carry on their projects and stand out important causes.

Just little suggestions, I'm taking TOEFL this month. Good luck to you!
OP Nayara 2 / 6  
Thank you for your suggestions! They were very useful.
Good luck in your test!

Home / Writing Feedback / 'people deserve to be known for what they did' - - TOEFL