[IELTS] People's diet and traditional foods

Ehsan 1 / 1  
[b]Topic: Convenience foods will become increasingly prevalent and eventually replace traditional foods and traditional methods of food preparation.
To waht extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Without a doubt, our diet has been significantly changed as the technological age has advanced. In our modern life we often look for quick solutions to our problems and diet is not an exception. Infact, some people have predicted that with advances in food technology, our traditional foods and the traditional methods of food preparation will disapear. In my view, people are unlikely to compeletely leave their traditional meals behind.

It is true that nowadays many people do not have wnough time for cooking and , therefore, convenience foods present an attractive option. These foods have improved significantly in terms of quality and availability. Almost every food can be found in supermarkets as ready-prepared microwavable food.

However, there are factors showing that people continue to value traditional ways of preparing foods. To begin with, cooking is considered a fun activity and in more professional levels an art. The growing popularity of television programmes and cook books proves that people enjoy cooking. Hence, they will put some time and effort to that. Needless to say, home-cooked meals are healthier than processed food. They are not only healthier ,but also more delicious. It is worth noting that eating gives people pleasure, so the more delicious the better.

Moreover, foods and food preparation methods are closely related to culture. In many countries , take Turkey for example, food are counted as a tourist attraction and it is a big industry. Also, there are many occasions like; wedding ceremonies, Thanksgiving, New year ceremonies, that are marked by especial foods,

In spite of improved quality of convenience foods and the fact that they are easily available, it is hard to imagine a work where people abandon their traditions and stop practicing their traditional food preparation methods.
MoonMoon 7 / 14  
Hi Ehsan, I enjoyed your essay. well done! It is well organized as well as well structured and also enjoys proper vocabulary choices.
Just some notes:
it is better to briefly point out your reasons in the introduction paragraph

InfactIn fact , some people have predicted that with advances in food technology,

It is true that nowadays many people do not have we nough time for cooking and , therefore, convenienceconvenient foods present an attractive option.

foods are counted as a tourist
OP Ehsan 1 / 1  
Thanks MoonMoon

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS] People's diet and traditional foods