Writing task 2: people are exposed today to an increasing amount of advertising

onthineuwithme 1 / -  

Writing task 2: Advertisements

Consumers are faced with increasing numbers of advertisements from competing companies. To what extent do you think consumers are influenced by advertisements? What measures can be taken to protect them?

* My essay

In this highly competitive commercial market, people are exposed to an increasing amount of advertising, which has significant effects on their lives.This essay will outline some impacts of this trend on customers and suggest some solutions to help protect them.

There are two major drawbacks that advertising causes . First, advertising distorts reality and creates unrealistic expectations. The primary purpose of any company is to make profits so that they will use advertising techniques to trick people into buying their products without trying to improve quality of the products. For example, in Vietnam, there are many commercial videos about the medicine and its effective value, however, the company are exaggerating its benefits since these medicines do not work and may even lead to bad results in people's health. Second, some of advertising is unsuitable and offensive, which directly affect customers. For instance, many advertisements use inappropriate sexual contents to promote a product, which has an adverse impact on children's mind.

There are a of number ways to protect people from harmful advertisements.
One solution to this problem is for the government to ban commercials with unrealistic and improper contents. If the company still run innapropriate advertising campaigns, heavier punishments should be imposed on the company to prevent bad situations. Another viable solution is that clients should be alert to commercial technichques and understand clearly about the product before buying it instead of making impulsive purchases.

In conclusion, an increasing amount of advertising has many negative impacts on customers, especially young children. The government and clients should take some mentioned above measures to tackle this problem.
The restatement is acceptable. The question responses are not. There are no direct topic responses presented as required to develop a clear discussion outline presentation. Therefore, the restatement paragraph does not establish a strong nor clear discussion introduction.

The first reasoning paragraph fails to respond to the first question.

Question: To what extent do you think consumers are influenced by advertisements?
Response: There are two major drawbacks that advertising causes .

The discussion should be about influence, not drawbacks. This is not a benefits v. drawbacks essay. Response paragraph 1 - Fail.

The second question response is proper and relevant to the question. It will recieve full scoring considerations . The overall presentation will still fail though as only 1 of the I questions recieved a relevant response.
vikedarliyasi 2 / 4  
It's not answer the questions. Read carefully the question because it's really impact in your essay. Good luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing task 2: people are exposed today to an increasing amount of advertising