IELTS: People should not be forced to retire at a particular age such as 60 or 65

meo71 2 / -  
There is no shadow of doubt that due to the health care improvement the average human life has increased, consequently people's ability has increased to work in higher age than previous generations used to work. Permitting people to be employed after 60 has many benefits and drawbacks.

There is a number of arguments in favor not forcing people retire. Firstly, the experience they have got during long career will be lost, while some can work until 70 or even 80 which all of us can see in the private business sector. Secondly, the income for retired people is usually less than what they were paid during employment, which is inconvenient for some, who are ready to do more efforts and in the same time they need money to cover their responsibilities. Finally, some people live through their work as the work value for them is everything in their life and it is their first priority, they do not work for money.

On the other hand there are some disadvantages of having no upper ceiling for employment age. First, new generations have the right to find an employment chance. In addition, new generations should hand over careers from the older generations to get a new blood or new thoughts. Moreover, for those who can to work after retirement age they can do it in the private sector.

In conclusion, I believe, retirement age is a very important point for a lot of people and it is strongly recommended to be definite by 60 or 65; however, for over talented people or those who are in real need to work we may permit them to work after that age.
farina 11 / 25  
meo71
There is aare number of arguments in favour of not forcing people to retire.
Firstly, the experience they have gotgained during the long career will be lost,
- who are ready to doput in more efforts and inat the same time
- In addition, new generations should hand over careers from the older generations to get a new blood or new thoughts. This line should be like this . In addition, the older generation should hand over the career responsibilities to the youth, who can pour in new blood and new thoughts.

- Moreover, for those who can to work after retirement age

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: People should not be forced to retire at a particular age such as 60 or 65