Task 2 - Most people have forgotten the meaning behind traditional or religious festivals

ttthienct91 1 / 2  
Most people have forgotten the meaning behind traditional or religious festivals; during festival periods, people nowadays only want to enjoy themselves.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Some people argue that religious or traditional festivals have been forgotten and these festivals serve as an occasion of enjoyment. While I agree that people in the modern world want to take festivals to relax, I believe that people still remember the values of these events.

Festivals are always a great occasion to enjoy. People look forward to welcoming Christmas days, and on those days they often gather at home with other members to celebrate this occasion, which is the great one for people giving, presenting, and receiving gifts. Children will have wonderful memories with presents from Santa, and their parents also take advantage of this event to make decorations for their house. People could also take enjoyment in the Mid Autumn Festival, which happens in August of the lunar month, and adults and children could fulfill their satisfaction by eating moon cakes or seeing other young children carrying lanterns in the street.

It could be wrong to assume that people have forgotten the core value of tradition and religion of festivals. In Viet Nam, young learners are still learning about the meaning of Mid Autumn Festival through reading lessons, and there are also activities held at school to remind them of the historical, traditional, religious values of them, which are practiced annually nationally. More than that, the good value of this event is also passed through the essential role of family on to the next generation by the word of mouth, which still preserves the meaning behind festivals

In conclusion, although people show their interest in enjoyment of festivals, they are still not indifferent to the traditional and religious meaning of them.
While I agree

I believe

Fix the format of your response to fall more under the response format expectation. Combine these two sentences instead to reflect the measured degree of disagreement:

I agree that... to the extent that I believe...

This type of response presents an unmarked degree, but is still acceptable as a measured response response statement as it has a beginning and end reference to the emotional connection of your belief.

The error of your response lies in the way that you fail to show that people actually still see the value of these events. You separated the relaxation from the learning discussion, causing a disconnect between the two. The more appropriate response was to explain that while the students learn about these events in the classroom, celebrating the actual event helps them do two things: (1) puts what they learned in class into practice and (2) ended up enjoying and relaxing as the excitement of the celebration caught up with them. These 2 considerations would have created a blended and cohesive discussion presentation that remained on focus with regards to the discussion topic.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 2 - Most people have forgotten the meaning behind traditional or religious festivals