People in a host country should accept the diverse customs and behavior of the visitors

cldales /  
Topic:
Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.

Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Essay:
In recent years, the vast improvement of airport infrastructures and the ease of air travel have resulted to the increasing number of people travelling. As such, there has been an exposure of people to varying cultures and behaviors of both the travelers and the people of the host country, and it seems that this trend resulted to arguments whether foreigners should adhere to the customs and behavior of the inhabitants, or that cultural differences of both travelers and local folks are equally accepted and tolerated. In my opinion, however, acceptance of the differing cultures is more beneficial.

To begin with, some people think that travelers from another country should observe the uniqueness of the the traditional practices and behavior of the local people. The supporters of this argument tend to think that the visitors should adapt to the culture of the host country as a sign of respect to the local inhabitants and their beloved tradition. By doing so, not only will the local folks preserve their unique culture but the foreigners will undoubtedly learn from the traditions of the people as well. Additionally, the customs and behavior are maintained without the intrusion of the travelers' different culture and behavior, and as a result, the local tradition of the host country is preserved in full integrity.

However, other people think that the host country should embrace the culture of the visitors. They believe that the tolerance of the differences in cultures opens opportunities towards an affirmative relationship between countries as respecting both cultures allows the visitor to fully express himself for who he is as a person and his own customs without being judged and alienated. Another point to consider is, as the world has become globalized, it is even more needed that the adaptation of the variance in culture is observed since this ensures the flow of products, services and workforce among nations.

In conclusion, notwithstanding the argument that customs are preserved when visitors of the host country observe and respect the tradition of the people, all things considered, I believe that the people in a host country should accept the diverse customs and behavior of the visitors as it fosters a positive relationship between countries and this observance is also needed so that each nation will reap the benefits of globalization.
IqbalThemi 44 / 46 13  
I think your need to rework your intro as I see it is bulky. --->>

Let's me try:Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Tourism industry plays an significant role in country's development. As such, lots of people believe that travelers should obey local customs and behaviors in country where they visit. However, others say that there is doubt for countries' indigenous to welcome to people from international countries. While it is true to some extent, I would argue that visitors should respect any local culture and custom of different countries to preserve it so that local people can be friendlier with travelers.

Home / Writing Feedback / People in a host country should accept the diverse customs and behavior of the visitors