Today's people are increasingly seeking the historical values of their houses

Nguyenviet 2 / 2  

finding out about the history of the house or building

My essay

Today's people are increasingly seeking the historical values of their houses. My essay shalle shed light on the underlying causes of this phenomenon.
There are several rationals to account for the prevalence of seeking the history of their houses.
The first and foremost is the sheer curiosity which mainly drives the public to search for the historical record of their houses. The rapid technological progress allows for the precise evaluation of the age of people's houses just based on the construction materials. Added to this is the longing for the increased values of their properties if there is any sign of their houses constructed on an area dating back the the glorious period of a dynasty during the course of national history. The historical significance of a house might be a great fortune which is sought tirelessly by today families.

Considering the underlying causes of this phenomenon, there is a range of viable measures to facilitate the research for historical values of decades-old houses. The first feasible option would be turning to experts on history in their local residential areas who have long carried out in-depth research into the historic periods in their neighbourhood. The second alternative would be the use of scientific progress which presents a thorough analysis into the deep-rooted history of houses based on the remaning artfacts.

In conclusion, people now are rushing to seek the historical values of their houses out of mere curiosity and in search of a great fortune with the availability of technological tools and prominent historians.
The history of the house should not be confused with the historical value of a residence. The prior relates to the ownership history of the structure, while the latter informs of a protected status of a house based on historical significance. The prior is what the discussion essay is about. The writer did not understand the actual topic, showing a lack of comprehension skills, which will immediately fail his score in the preliminary TA section. He does not answer the 2 questions at all that would have helped reiterate his understanding of the topic. What is the reason? How can these be found? Respond to the questions to create the opinion platform for the reasoning paragraphs. Do not repeat the discussion instructions. That does not add to the score of the paragraph. It reduces it instead as it does not help establish the scoring requirements for the paragraph.

While vocabulary considerations are important, the tone of the paragraph must be that of an everyday discussion. Such discussions require the writer to avoid exaggerations or technical jargon in the presentation. Always remember to consider the audience of the essay. Write for the reader, not for the score. When one writes for the score, he will often find that he will miss the consideration marks because of the incorrect writing focus.

These observations do not mean to say that the reasoning paragraphs are incorrect because they are. However, the paragraphs can be improved based on overall scoring considerations. Never focus on just one scoring aspect because increasing in one aspect means sacrificing the score in the other sections. All sections must have strong scores. An overall writing skilll development is necessary to achieve this.
cherryblossom 6 / 11 3  
The presentation of paragraphs is unclear regarding the first two.
In your thesis statement, you only stated to shed light on underlying causes and forgot to include the measures.
Maybe in your first body paragraph, there should be an example to make it stronger as there are only 2 sentences for each of the reason you give.
KieuOanh151202 1 / 5  
Adding a background sentence for the statement will help your essay more logical, (but bare in mind it's just optional, you can skip if it is too difficult to write)

Home / Writing Feedback / Today's people are increasingly seeking the historical values of their houses