'People's jealousy, greed, and supremacy' - People always want something more?

niki 2 / 3  
[b]Do you agree or disagree with the following statement ? People are never satisfied with what ,they have, they always want something more or something different. Use specific reasons to support your answer

Nowadays, people demand more and more. Their expectations are bigger than ever before. But at the same time human beings tend all the time to feel inner needs to wants other's possessions. Hereby, I can agree with the statement that people always want something that they do not have. There are psychological and social reasons supporting my viewpoint.

First of all I consider that there is too much competition in the contemporary world. Human is never content with what he or she possess. Moreover humans tend to wish objects or status which are in possession of other humans. Researchers claim that jealousy is one of the main feelings which provokes people to feel themselves incomplete in some way. Furthermore it is natural that people envy the others. That is a psychological trend. a simple fact of jealousy can be found even in premature age, among children later the teenagers and adults as well. For instance the children inclination to want what their peers have and to feel unsatisfied of what they have- toys for example.

There is another argument which is related to people's aspirations towards supremacy. Today's individual want to be on the top. Thereby, modern human is never satisfied of what he has achieved and aim at accumulating more and new things- no matter what these things are such as job position, business development, or lifestyle. For example, my uncle had great job in my native town as store manager. Nevertheless, he got promotion and he moved to bigger city with his family. No matter that he has great job and good income now he wants new promotion

Last but not least, human is a greedy and often selfish. Thus he aspire to succeed and gradually he becomes greedy for more. We live in a society which makes us more inclined to demand and expect different things.

In conclusion as far as I am concerned that. People are never satisfied with what they have, if they do not have some objects they can be easily obsessed of the idea to acquire it or they want different things which they have not.The main reasons for my stand are people's jealousy , greed and inclination for supremacy- all of these human's shortcomings are characteristic of the modern society
92angel 3 / 3  
i kinda agree and disagree.
i disagree because when you are in the business field and you get a promotion that means more money, more money means better life for you and your family.. so anyone who wants to give his family a better life or have a better life for himself that would be the normal choice, to try and have promotions as much as he can.

i agree beacuse that young kids today are greedy and dont value the money their parents work hard for, they always want new cars, new toys, new computer etc.. which i totally disagree with. children must be teached to value the simple things in life instead of just when they ask for something they get it the easy way, they should earn it.

thats my opinion(:

cheers.
OP niki 2 / 3  
i would appreciate if someone rate my essay ...i should take the toefl exam in a month...thus i want to try the others' opinions and ...if they can correct my mistakes

thanks...:)
I think it is cool that your first to sentence is rhyme with each other.

Hereby is a word that is not often used, and I think you should probably avoid it.

In conclusion as far as I am concerned, people are never satisfied with what they have. If t hey do not have some objects they can be easily obsessed with the idea of acquire them, or they want different things which they cannot have. -- I made a couple corrections to the sentence, but it still is a little bit unclear. I think you should revise it and strive to simplify it. However, your essay has good structure, and its main idea is very clear.
OP niki 2 / 3  
thanks

Home / Writing Feedback / 'People's jealousy, greed, and supremacy' - People always want something more?