IELTS:People can learn more from watching television than by reading books.

colin 23 / 48 15  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People can learn more from watching television than by reading books.

Many people enjoy watching television which plays a pivotal role in people's daily life. While I accept that many people tend to watch TV while lying down on the couch, I believe that people can learn more from the traditional materials such as books.

On the one hand, the television programmer has advantages of entertaining and informative. Firstly, television can be entertaining and enjoyable and brings the best teacher into our home. For example, combined with visual and audio effects, English learning programmers create a stimulating learning environment to attract audiences' attention. In addition, TV programmers can be informative and educational. People have a habit of collecting information from TV because the news coverage enables audiences to aware of the up-to-date events around the world. From an educational perspective, the documentaries in television make the learning process more interesting and engaging. For example, we can study astronomy, cosmology and the origin of the universe just by turning on the Discovery channel.

However, reading books is a better method of learning. To begin with, we have seen that books can go right in our pocket and be read anywhere, which bring a huge convenience to learner. We can also easily lend the grammar books to our classmates and borrow the Economist magazines from school library thanks to its small in size. Furthermore, as books are durable, information in them can be accessed over and over again, with no requirement of batteries and electricity. We have seen that we have grasped of plenty of knowledge thanks to those ancient books passed down from our ancestors. Lastly, books are user-friendly and allow readers to set their own pace and flip back and forth between pages on purpose of referencing to useful contents. Life abounds with examples in which we referent a textbook easily with tabs, marks, notes, underlines or highlights.

In conclusion, it seems that, books would be preferable in terms of learning because compared TV, the book is more portable, durable and easy-to-use.
ash5005 10 / 16  
nice work...i love this essay...good luck
OP colin 23 / 48 15  
Could anyone kindly give me some suggestions?
CrazySnailer 2 / 3 2  
the television programmer has advantages of entertaining and informative . I think the two words ( entertaining and informative ) should be changed into noun instead of adjective, What do you think of ?

regards

thanks!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS:People can learn more from watching television than by reading books.