MANY PEOPLE LIKES TO LIVE ON THEIR OWN. DISCUSS SOCIAL EFFECTS

niraj /  
HI, I AM PREPARING FOR IELTS, kindly help me out the social effects on people who are living on their own

MANY PEOPLE ARE LIVING ON THEIR OWN, WHAT ARE THE SOCIAL EFFECTS.

In this century where people need freedom and don't require any interference in life like to live their life with his family including his wife, and his children excluding his parents .In olden time when family were large in number and no birth control were there and people were having 7 to 10 children in their family and reside with their parents ,some time they are arguing with each other and sometimes they are interfering in their life. Now people understand that it is not possible to raise more than two children and these children are not like that their parent should interfere in their life so they start live their life on there own.

The social effects on people living their own life that they don't take care of their parent, they start thinking for their own family and avoiding their parents. They start sending their parent to old age homes and not even calling them over there.
saurabhjain162 2 / 4  
hi niraj adwani

This essay can be breaked up in two paragraph

1) positive point on people living on their own.: u can mention that now there are less number of quarrel in families ,which was there because of misunderstanding between in laws and wife which resulted in decreasing number of divorces per year .Another benefit is that now parents have become flexible to send their children abroad .give some e.g relating to these reasons

2) Negative points on people living there own .: in this u can mention suffering of parent who live away from their children .In addition to this you can mention guidance and moral support which children miss while they live away from their parents .After that support these reasons with examples
Rajiv 55 / 400  
The moderators have told you more than once not to write in CAPS, why don't you understand? Are you not learning anything from this site that you so wilfully ignore them?
Your essay needs more depth. Some of your points are manifestly wrong. Many people in the world still raise very large families with seven or more children. It is no longer the norm in the West, not because people have realized that one cannot raise more than two children (in fact, some people had damn well better, if mankind is not to go extinct) but because women are increasingly choosing to favor career over family. It will, one suspects, be a short-lived trend, as evolutionary theory tells us all such trends must be.

This is at least an answer to the prompt, but it consists of a series of assumptions with no logic or examples included to back them. You need to explain why we should believe these things are true, and why, if they are, they are tied to people generally living on their own.
OP niraj /  
i am rewriting my complete essay

Many people likes to live on their own, discuss social effects

In this modern world , people thinking is completely change. They need less interference from their family so they start to live separately .
In olden times when they were in joint family of 10 to 15 persons living in one house , everyday there are arguing with each other and even they are fighting with each other .

In this modern world everybody earning is different and even thinking is completely different , they start living on their own and some people after completing studies ,get job in different place ,start living separately from his family.Some people who want to free from these fight in joint family start living on their own. The social effects on these people on positive side they are free from tension between mother and wife and negative point they don't have elder guidance or moral support

Firstly they positive of living separately is that the people free from quarrel between mother and wife , these thing help in decreasing divorce cases . Secondly people are free from interference in life and allow to go abroad for studies and live there, for instance in India in olden times the parents never allow their children to study abroad or take decision of marriage themselves but now they allow them to study and after completing they can marry anyone who they like and live separately there.

The negative effect are they loose their parent's moral support and guidance and sometimes they take wrong decision. Secondly parent's are feeling lonely without their children.
More focused on the prompt, but same problem as before -- what examples can you provide that prove that any of what you say is true?
OP niraj /  
SIR, I HAVE GIVEN EXAMPLE OF OLD INDIA, IT IS ENOUGH OR SHOULD I ADDRESS SOME PERSON
The social effects on these people on positive side they are free from tension between mother and wife and negative point they don't have elder guidance or moral support

You haven't proven this -- you just assert it. Even people who live on their own may have ongoing issues with their parents, and most people who are married live together (and if they have stopped living together, it is usually a sign of tension, rather than the opposite). People living on their own can also have friends and relatives who will offer them moral support, even if they are not living with those people.

This is one example of what I mean. You make blanket generalizations that are probably wrong, and don't give any evidence that would make the reader think otherwise.

AND WOULD YOU PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER DEITY YOU BELIEVE IN STOP SHOUTING IN EVERY POST! IT'S REALLY, REALLY ANNOYING!

Home / Writing Feedback / MANY PEOPLE LIKES TO LIVE ON THEIR OWN. DISCUSS SOCIAL EFFECTS