People are living in a 'throwaway society' using things for a short time and then throwing them away

chanyeol2711 1 / -  
People are living in a 'throwaway society', using things for a short time and then throwing them away.

What are the causes of this? What problems does it lead to?

In the contemporary world, humanity dwells in a "throw-away " lifestyle where they have been purchasing a lot and steering things away just after short-term use. This essay makes an effort to reveal the reasons and effects of this phenomenon.

It goes without saying that the development of buy-and-throw culture derives from various contributors. Advertising serves as a fundamental factor behind the emergence of material society. Most of advertisements have appealing contents stimulated people to spend their money on new products that have an array of distinctive features and eye-catching designs. This trigger a consequence that many purchasers waste their financial on pointless purchases such as technology devices and fashions that will likely be alternated by latest versions whereas it still in a good condition. A more significant culprit results in the enhancement income among people, they are more willing to afford for new products, which are more fashionable, more modern and more convenient, rather than keep old ones. It is not to mention the fact that a large quantity of goods is manufactured and sold on the market with a reasonable price, which fosters customers' purchase rates. Unfortunately, this tendency is bound to exert a number of detrimental impacts on individuals and the environment. Those who frequently get on the bandwagon run the risk of going deeply into debt if they continue to buying the newest, most novel products whenever they want.

As an instance of consumers who succumb to the gravity of newly launched, gradually, this habit of overspending sink them into unable to meet their liabilities.

Environmental degradation, which have been severely affected, is another outcome of this phenomena. Every item that is discarded becomes trash, and the majority of them are dumped in landfills, aggravating the world's waste dilemma. Eventually, a fraction of garbage makes its way to the ocean and leads to marine pollution and directly destabilizing marine ecosystems.

In conclusion, the prevalence of adverts as well as the rise in disposable income motivate buyers to shift their needs more frequently. This pattern induce a variety of personal budget problems and exert long-term effects human habitat. But the time has come for us to step forward and think about the future of our planet and take steps to revert the damage.

-Thank you for reading my essay-
It's my pleasure if you can give me a feedback
This is only a 4 paragraph essay that the writer has opted to try to (unsuccessfully) expand to a 5 paragraph essay. The prompt restatement fails to clearly refer to the original topic in a clear manner. He had difficulties in rewriting the original prompt which shows a lack of proper English language uses and an inability to write coherent English sentences which will lead to problematic scores in the relevant sections.

Even though the essay is quite long, it does not really show that the writer can write coherent and cohesive paragraphs. He does not know how to use related reasoning topics to clearly effect a coherent and cohesive paragraph discussion. Only 2 related reasons and 2 related effects should be present in this analysis paper. The writing is incorrectly developed in some aspects and under developed in other parts, specifically the "problems that it leads to" portion.

Another problem is that the presentation clearly shows a lack of the writer's ability to form English sentences. Every sentence contains improperly used vocabulary and confusing references. His major weakness is an inadequate ability to think and write in English. He has to focus on developing his vocabulary and increase his basic writing exercises to help improve these problem points.

This is not yet the work of an exam taker than can receive a passing mark. If he focuses on improving the aspects that I have mentioned above, he might eventually be able to develop passing, but not high scoring essays in the future. High scoring essays will take time for him to learn to write. It will require increased writing preparation on a long term basis.

Home / Writing Feedback / People are living in a 'throwaway society' using things for a short time and then throwing them away