TOEFL Essay- People should master on skill only or many different skills.

Jiazigao 1 / -  
People always have divergent views on the issue that people should develop many different skills or focus on one skill only. On my perspective, developing many different skills will give more chance to be successful.

Granted, people who focus on one skill only may be the best one in that area. But in some conditions such as people are not interested in what he do or the job does not have much to research, it is not easy to be successful. By contrast, developing many skills benefits more.

Initially, developing many skills render it possible to join into different areas of work.In additional, it help people be familiar with various kinds of work, which has instrumental effect on discovering a new aspect of research. So many scientists do not only focus on their own majors, but also pay attention to others which has association with. For instance, a young professor in Peking University, who find association between theory of complex network and physic theory of flowing water, publish his discovery on the top journal Natural Physics and get the national reward for it.

On top of it, people who have many different skills have the ability to do more work or help more others. The more they have done, the more friends they will get. In return, more friends will offer more chances. There is an old say in Chinese "one more friend, one more way to go". As we all know, friendship is indispensable for a person, both on emotional needs and career development. A survey states that about 75 percents of high level positions in the world famous companies were offered to individuals who have relationship with someone in the company and 80 percents of HRs render the officers's advices priority.

In conclusion, people with many different skills will get much more opportunities to be successful than others who only focus on one.
DearbhailS 6 / 10 2  
I think the last examples "one more friend, one more way to go" cannot support your view very well. It can confuse reader whether you want to prove a person who has many skills can be popular or people should need more friends? And your examples are too short to support you own view, you can add more details in your essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL Essay- People should master on skill only or many different skills.