People from some nations often attach more importance to possessing a home than having rented one

hoangtuanhthu 1 / -  

IELTS WRITING TASK 2 - Owning a home or renting one?

In some countries, owning a home rather than renting one is very important for people. Why might this be the case? Do you think this is a positive or negative situation?

People from some nations often attach more importance to possessing a home than having rented one. Living in a self-owned home is believed to bring about a sense of comfort, stability and security. This essay will first discuss the possible causes of this move and then indicate whether it will lead to positive or negative effects.

To begin with, there is a trend towards owning a home because it helps ease the tension of renting one. People are not subject to rent expense, and people can channel this money into other urgent family or personal issues. Moreover, homeowners can make modifications to their house according to their preference. To exemplify, asking your landlord to design the rental house could sometimes be annoying and stressful because you must have the owner's permission.

In my viewpoint, having a self-owned home brings lots of advantages to people in many aspects. Individuals can have a stress-free life, remain well aware and do not have to be nomadic only because the proprietor terminates the tenancy. Furthermore, people can show their pride of ownership, gain a sense of stability, and have a valuable asset, which meets many social requirements. Nowadays, many banks provide loans only for people having a convincing quantity of money, which ensures their property can be sealed by the bank if there is any problem.

To reiterate, I firmly opine that owning a house leads to positive development due to its role in ensuring a secured and durable life for humans. Therefore, we should save money, build our own house and live a life without boundaries.
The topic restatement is properly done. AIthough it would benefitted from better synonym usage for the word " rented". The direct response to the first qquestion definitely clarifies the response and discussion slant for the reasoning paragraphs. Sadly, all of these score increasing accomplishments ended when the writer failed to provide a clear response to the second question. The response to the development query was instead misplaced in the conclusion when the question provided clearly placed the response in the opening paragraph.

The direct response for the said paragraph would have also been more helpful to the score had it been made the first sentence / topic sentence of the second paragraph. It would have been better used As a topic anchor there because the witten opinion clearly called for it as a scoring aspect of the paragraph.

The essay presentation would have been high scoring, clear, and , if the enor in response writing had been avoided.

Home / Writing Feedback / People from some nations often attach more importance to possessing a home than having rented one