Some people prefer to live in horizontal cities, while others choose a high-rise buildings

leanh 1 / -  

horizontal or vertical city

Some people prefer to live in horizontal cities, while other opinions believe to be resident in vertical urban deserve a true life. Although both of them have particular advantages, I still offer to live in a high-rise building.

In the fact that, a horizontal city is an architecture just suit to be built on a large space. One of living in low-rise construction benefits is residents live spaces can contact closely with nature. For example, everywhere in horizontal urban can be designed to immerse in natural wind, air, and light.

With vertical construction, architects can use multi-layers of an area include underground to enlarge maximum space. The structure of high-rise building connects resident apartments, shopping malls, and traffic as a unit. Furthermore, these are cutting-edge technologies can be used to bring natural elements inside that system. As we known, Singapore is a very small country was built in multi-layers structure. Their public transport system run underground is a spine of national traffic that connects all constructions on the ground. However, urban planning for vertical construction need good visions and also spend a giant cost.

In my opinion, I admire a vertical construction which is modern for current urban architecture. It is true that high- rise buildings make more live space for citizens. It seems can solve a part of the problem of the population increase that makes cities become tight horizontally.

In conclusion, both horizontal and vertical construction has particular characters to be suitable with special areas. I believe multi-story structure could be a treatment for narrow urban.
fish5a4d 1 / 1 1  
while others opinions believe (that residing in vertical urbans is more enjoyable) to be resident ... true life.
In the fact that, a ... architecture that just suit to ...
One of the benefits of living in low-rise construction benefits is that residents live spaces can contact ...
nuradiapuspa 11 / 25  
Dear @leanh,

In my opinion, I feel confuse with the idea of your essay. For example in the paragraph 2, you explained about horizontal city but the example you provided is still lil bit abstract. Perhaps you could give an example of the horizontal living such as in a village or rural area, etc. In addition, I think it is not good to write "in the fact that" in the beginning of a paragraph.

Best of luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people prefer to live in horizontal cities, while others choose a high-rise buildings