most people prefer shopping in super markets to small shops or local markets

gsrinu_78 1 / -  
Do we need supermarkets or small shops?

Should we buy our food from supermarkets which have everything you need or could you go to a small shop that could be family run and specialises in a certain product?

Small shops could be a butcher, fish monger, bakery or green grocer and have often been run by the same family for many years. They might be local so you do not have to travel far, saving time and reducing your carbon footprint.

Small shop owners tend to specialise in a certain area and know more about the product, which can offer the customer a better standard of service. The small shop tends to have a local customer base so they can make sure that all the customers are happy and then they will want to come back again.

Some small shops also offer extra services, like a post office or dry-cleaning. The owners can sometimes charge more because the produce was probably bred or grown locally so it is more expensive.

On the other hand some people prefer to buy everything at once, many supermarkets not only sell food but also clothes, electrical goods, toys and household items, this saves people time. Supermarkets have a wider choice of products and they can offer better value and special offers which can save people money so more people will want to shop there. To keep a supermarket open lots of employees are needed, this is good because the local people can apply for jobs.

Another thing is that most supermarkets are big buildings which have heating and cooling systems to keep the customers happy and products fresh, but this causes pollution.

In supermarkets lots of people have jobs and are happy with them, on the other hand small shop owners get to know the customer so that they will want to come back again. Supermarkets are polluting the world with all the smoke they produce by heating and cooling the products, so I think that we should still have small, local shops and one super market in a town and two to three in cities. Then everyone will be able to work in supermarkets and local shops will still have work and the customer has a choice of where to shop.
Alice3105 2 / 4  
Nowadays, I think we need supermarket than small shop because when we go to supermarket, we can buy a lot of things. Its convenience kills small shops and local markets.

However, in my country, local market and small shop is Indispensable thing. It becomes a culture for my native land. My mother, for example, still go to the local market near my house everyday to buy food, why? Because she can bargain, can talk to people, can find some food that she couldn't find at the supermarket. Well, what do you think? :)

Home / Writing Feedback / most people prefer shopping in super markets to small shops or local markets