Some people prefer to work for large company. I belong to the technical domain

shraps 1 / -  
Essay topic:Some people prefer to work for a large company. Others prefer to work for a small company. Which would you prefer? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.

The choice of company for an individual generally depends upon two factors namely the salary package and the position offered. Large company and small company differ in certain ways in the treatment of an employee. For instance, the visibility is more in small companies as compared to large companies which is followed by greater responsibility.

As the number of employees in a large company are greater, work load gets divided. But as the visibility is less, job satisfaction is less in these companies. Also, small companies are able to take proper care of their employees with respect to the choice of work. Whereas, in large firms, switching the working domain is not that easy as it requires several approvals from higher management. A large corporation is complex with respect to hierarchy. Therefore managing a large company is a comparatively difficult job. Working in a large company has the advantages of recognition and prestige. For instance, in some countries, bank loans are easily sanctioned if one is working in a large well known company. This applies especially to private sector.

I have been part of a large company in my working career. I belong to the technical domain. My criteria for choosing a company is getting the work that interests me. As mentioned above small and large company have there own advantages and disadvantages. In my case, I will prefer working for a small company. This is because,from my past experience I can say that in a large company, movement from one domain to the other or from one project of task to some other is difficult. In a small company, individuals have a say which is definitely compromised to some extent in a large firm. Also, there is greater opportunity to grow in your field of work as there is more responsibility. In a small company you have a chance to climb quickly up the hierarchy, if you really have talent, which is not as easy in a large firm as there are several levels and greater competition. For all the above reasons, I feel that, I will prefer to work for a small company
The choice of company for an individual generally depends upon two factors -- namely, the salary package and the position offered.

Large companies and small companies differ in certain ways in the treatment of an employee.

companies = more than one
You did it correctly below:
For instance, the visibility is more in small companies as compared to large companies which is followed by greater responsibility.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people prefer to work for large company. I belong to the technical domain