Many people prefer to work for the same company all their whole time-life of working

hiennhingo 1 / -  

IELTS Writing task 2 - opinion essay

Some people work for the same organization all their working life. Others think it is better to work for different organizations.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your knowledge or experience.

Many people argue that majority of people prefer to work for the same company all their whole time-life of working. However, there are still another group of people who prefer to work for other organizations to get diverse kind of experiences. I would detail my opinion before giving a reasonable view

First, people working for the same organizations are people who like to have a stable at work. However, it is not detrimental, they can have a solid experience and important position at work. They have more veneration and career advancement than people working at different places. For example, A professor, who dedicated for a long time could have an opportunity to have more research works than B professor who comes from another.

On the other hand, switching organizations can make people be more termes as multi-talented. They can learn more skills for their future job such as community skills, ability to find information, and improve their endurance of themselves. Maybe they can't have a stable life but in a contrast, they will have an exciting life as they wanted. Furthermore, they could have lucrative opportunities. It sounds more interesting when we have wide-range experiences, different counterparts, and become active humans. For instance, a software developer expert in different platforms and programming languages is better suitable for large software companies and their careers often include working in different companies.

After analyzing these two outlooks, it can be assumed that sticking with one company can bring you steady working life. But choosing more than one company for your future job is also a good choice. If they choose it properly at the right time and the right place, they will get the optimal outcome.
I would detail my opinion before giving a reasonable view

Good work on restating the two public opinions. Bad work on presenting a non-commital response to the "give your opinion" part of the discussion. In this form, the restatement has been fulfilled but the personal opinion presentation was not. So there will be a scoredown for the missing person opinion aspect. Remember, the score for the task is also scored on the clarity of your personal opinion presentation in the Restatement + Personal Opinion part. Without the clear personal opinion, you cannot be given a score for that section.

Offering a general discussion does not reallly work well for this type of 3 reasoning paragraph presentation. You can actually respond either in a 2 reasoning or 3 reasoning paragraph format. To get a complete score for the reasoning section, you have to explain each public opinion and then offer your opinion of each in the same paragraph or, use the third person discussion points for each viewpoint in a stand alone paragraph, then offer your personal opinion as the third paragraph presentation. If you read your presentation, you will see that you used only your personal opinion based on a general discussion format, without really identifying the differences in points of view based on the original prompt indicators.

While the essay does contain a summary conclusion, the missing clarity of the discussion paragraphs will be the main cause for the scoredown of this essay.

*Contact us privately for a review based on the scoring criteria.
nhidinh1231 4 / 7 2  
The prompt asked you to give your opinion, but you did not mention it in your opening. Your opening should have answered all the requirements of the task, in a detailed content, not in this vague one. I would detail my opinion before giving a reasonable view

I misunderstood there. You should tell clearly like that "A professor, who was dedicated for a long time in a company, could have more opportunities to have more research works than B professor who had just come yet". It took me a long time to understand what you were trying to say. For example, A professor, who dedicated ...

You had two paragraphs that emphasized public opinion, not yours. Like Mr. Holt said, "If you read your presentation, you will see that you used only your personal opinion based on a general discussion format". I thought it would be better if you gave each of opinion both the advantages and disadvantages. Then, in the third paragraph, you should give your opinion and the reason why you favor neither one of them nor both.

Home / Writing Feedback / Many people prefer to work for the same company all their whole time-life of working